Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General news thread

Bronezhilet

14 minutes ago, T___A said:

Fruit of the poisoned tree.

Something that got swept under the rug due to the shooting was that Mueller has to turn over evidence (discovery) to Flynn.

15 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Yup.....It's about time 'Big-Charity' was exposed for the scam it is TBH.

Just another money making scheme cooked up by crooks & perverts.

Especially in times of crisis I'm very careful on how I donate.  MSF/Doctors without Borders is at the top of my list.  The United Way is pretty much at the bottom, as a lot of $ just goes into general funds.

Some new light is finally being shed on Blair's dubious dealings with Gadaffi:  http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/belhaj-case-mi6-chief-met-gaddafi-shortly-abductions-documents-show-1296202806

For the sake of Britain's good name that **** really needs to stand trial.

The reason why the war has gone on for 17 years is our own fault. This war was ours to win or lose, and we decided to fuck around with pretended nation building and world policing instead of doing everything necessary to win a war. This has been the American problem for decades now. We pretend that we are going to war for some noble purpose or other bullshit, and then the war drags on for years until we get sick of it and ask ourselves why are even fighting in the first place.

The Taliban should have handed over Osama bin Laden when they had the chance in 2001.

The US should have left Afghanistan when Osama bin Laden was killed.

Other than that, I don't see a good reason to have heavy conventional forces on the ground there and we should have just stuck with the light footprint that worked so well in that country for the first few years. Trying to apply the tactics of the "Iraq Surge" to Afghanistan was an error.

The place is an irrelevant shithole that has no strategic importance culturally, geographically, or politically.

Have to admit I don't get why you/we stayed there after smashing the Taliban & Al Qaeda.....Part of me thinks it was an attempt to out-macho the Soviets (completely the wrong f*****g country for that s**t).

EDIT - Actually that's bollocks.....I know exactly why, it's because, regrettably, this:

1 hour ago, Donward said:

The place is an irrelevant shithole that has no strategic importance culturally, geographically, or politically.

Is not correct.....Afghanistan's location alone makes it strategically critical to US interests, then there's all those 'interesting minerals' in Baluchistan.

If one were really feeling cynical, one might find oneself looking at the opioid epidemic in a new light too.

Revolutionary War re-enactors banned from using park because of black powder muskets.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/02/19/gun-laws-civil-war-reenactment/

“They actually asked us if we can use wooden sticks, and can you see 12 men in full regalia and another 12 charging with wooden sticks saying ‘Bang bang!’ It just doesn’t have the same effect,” he said.

Edit: LOL, the link to the story has these guys listed as Civil War re-enactors because what's the difference of four score and seven years?

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 5:06 AM, Collimatrix said:

This article raises some very interesting points:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/02/22/haitis-latest-indignity-at-the-hands-of-dogooders-oxfams-sex-scandal/

The question 'Why Oxfam and why now?' is an angle I hadn't previously considered.

PM of Canada hasn't been getting the best reception during his India visit; https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/02/22/india-to-justin-trudeau-stop-trying-so-hard/?utm_term=.9be86ed31463

Appears to be a combination of inviting a Sikh separatist to dinner by mistake, and dressing like a stereotype.

On 2/22/2018 at 4:46 PM, LostCosmonaut said:

PM of Canada hasn't been getting the best reception during his India visit; https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/02/22/india-to-justin-trudeau-stop-trying-so-hard/?utm_term=.9be86ed31463

Appears to be a combination of inviting a Sikh separatist to dinner by mistake, and dressing like a stereotype.

Sikh separatists, responsible for the deadliest terror attack in Canadian history 

7 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

I don't care about sports and I believe that major sport events and sport figures in last 15 years use "medical assistance" all the time. Russian team got in trouble for political reason.

5 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

I don't care about sports and I believe that major sport events and sport figures in last 15 years use "medical assistance" all the time. Russian team got in trouble for political reason.

I feel you. 

Our biggest sport is American Football, where EVERYONE is on performance enhancing drugs. But the media dragged one cyclist behind a vehicle for daring to blood dope a decade prior.