Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

General news thread

Bronezhilet

On 6/16/2019 at 9:30 AM, Belesarius said:

Twtter suspending OS Intel accounts dedicated to breaking military news.

https://www.jpost.com/International/Concerned-users-worry-as-Twitter-suspends-several-OSINT-news-accounts-592663

I follow ELINT News and they have provided content for here and on Discord discussion. ELINT news got a wierd sort of official email from Twitter in regards to their tweets violating Indian law about 24 hours before they went down.

Revenge for debunking India's lies during their ass beating by Pakistan.

2 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

I will be worried about an invasion of Iran when the US starts moving hundreds of thousands of troops into staging areas.

This is my first assumption about a US invasion of Iran, but I'm also starting to doubt that a repeat of a 1990-1/2002-3 style buildup is possible against Iran. This leads me to believe that Iran and the US would likely start a war with air and naval assets before US ground troops can really build up in the region. If that turns out to be the case, hopefully the USN & USAF can just wreck Iran's coastal installations and potential nuclear sites and forgo a ground invasion all the way to Tehran/Hezbollah launching a new front/Iraq splinters apart again/worse things/etc. The possibility that a limited war like that could still spiral into a massive commitment without it being telegrammed by mass US troop movement to the Persian Gulf. 

2 hours ago, Priory_of_Sion said:

This is my first assumption about a US invasion of Iran, but I'm also starting to doubt that a repeat of a 1990-1/2002-3 style buildup is possible against Iran. This leads me to believe that Iran and the US would likely start a war with air and naval assets before US ground troops can really build up in the region. If that turns out to be the case, hopefully the USN & USAF can just wreck Iran's coastal installations and potential nuclear sites and forgo a ground invasion all the way to Tehran/Hezbollah launching a new front/Iraq splinters apart again/worse things/etc. The possibility that a limited war like that could still spiral into a massive commitment without it being telegrammed by mass US troop movement to the Persian Gulf. 

Creeping into the quagmire is a strong possibility, yes.

15 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

Revenge for debunking India's lies during their ass beating by Pakistan.

That's a whole lot of bullshit. Intelcrab and ELINTNews are both pretty awesome and mostly non-partisan accounts.

Now, during that India/Pakistan bullshit, they were calling out obvious fake bullshit being posted by a few Indian defense accounts.

3 minutes ago, Belesarius said:

That's a whole lot of bullshit. Intelcrab and ELINTNews are both pretty awesome and mostly non-partisan accounts.

Now, during that India/Pakistan bullshit, they were calling out obvious fake bullshit being posted by a few Indian defense accounts.

Both are back up.

On 6/18/2019 at 4:42 AM, Toxn said:

Is anyone else getting the sinking feeling that the big news thread for the next decade or so is going to be the Iranian invasion shitstorm thread of 2020?

Do we want to start the "US-Iran won't stop flirting thread yet" in the meantime? 

Old woman needs help in finding Nazis! (If you can't find them, just make them up, as always ;)).

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=13322

Joe Biden Is Convinced a Pro-China-Trade Stance Is a Winner, June 10, 2019.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/joe-biden-is-convinced-a-pro-china-trade-stance-is-a-winner/

Trump Hammers Joe Biden for Son’s Financial ‘Relationship’ with China, June 11, 2019.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/06/11/donald-trump-calls-joe-biden-a-dummy-on-china/

Biden Hardens China Stance: U.S. Needs to ‘Get Tough’ on Beijing. June 11, 2019.

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-hardens-china-stance-u-171846903.html

Only funnier is the twitter page of Justin Amash being quiet on June fourth and fifth. :lol:

Somebody fucked up

In the course of NATO exercises Saber Guardian - 2019 in Romania, the forces of the US Army staged a real tank invasion of wheat, sunflower and corn crops. It is reported by the press service of the military of Romania.

It is reported that the use of zone with crops at the exercises was not allowed and was not coordinated with either the local authorities or the owners of the land. The Romanian edition “Adevarul” writes that the US military ignored the appeals of the villagers and, without stopping, moved in the armored personnel carriers through the crops. At the same time they fired small arms. The people working in the fields fled from there in panic.

In a press release from the Ministry of National Defense of Romania, they reported that a joint commission with representatives of the US Army analyzed all the circumstances of the incident. They met with the owners of the affected lands and local authorities to assess the damage done by the soldiers of the American army.

53 minutes ago, Xlucine said:

Just a "disruptive passenger" on a commercial flight

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-48732642

Quite a response for a drunk woman

That was an expensive drunk woman. Wonder what the cost of scrambling a pair of Typhoons and a tanker is? Just the gas alone would be expensive...