Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Sovereign Citizen Movement

Brick Fight

I've dealt with a bunch of SC types in Az.. Contrary to the current crop, the ones I encountered tended to lean toward the "Leave me alone, thanks" mentality.

One was an older man who drove a mid 60's international truck around Yavapai county with a cardboard plate reading "mine" . He often came to the garage I worked at, and was genuinely a nice guy. He was quite happy to see someone my age (this was ~20 years ago) who knew how to deal with split rims, drum brakes and breaker-point ignition.  I was happy because the guy would pay in barter, often ammo, and said ammo was ALWAYS military and very good/excellent condition.  I regret shooting up all the .45 ACP and .30 Carbine I got off that guy.

Anyhow- I also worked on the Sheriff and Tribal police cars, and one day "George" came up (not really his name, but close enough).

I mentioned "So, what's up with that license plate made of a cereal box?",,

One deputy said "Oh. See, he never leaves the county, and if he's ever broken a law, I've never heard of it. He just figures he shouldnt have to pay a tax on something he already owns, and it's not like he's not paying taxes on everything else, and he knows it. ".

"George" was also apparently a recipient of the Navy Cross, so he was granted considerable leeway with his minor protests.

Interesting. I've been propagated by militias twice: Once while volunteering at the museum, and another time at a gun shop. Both times it was by the "keep talking and maybe something will click" types. The former pulled out his carry pistol to ask questions about it (It was a '60s-era 1911 if I remember right), and I couldn't drop enough hints to him to stop pointing it in the direction of my groin. PA State Police have been busting militias left and right so I kept the conversations as quick and impersonal as possible.

There was a Sovcit sheriff in a town near Centralia who wanted to utilize local militias to take down terrorist groups (redundancy lol). After harassing the townspeople with weapons and posting videos threatening John Kerry and Barack Obama, he was forcibly removed from office. There were literal Nazis playing "security" to intervene.

I can understand "George's" situation, though. I don't see the point in bugging some old guy who hasn't done anything illegal.

The thing is, "illegality" is an encroaching contrivance.

The older I get , the more I agree with "George". 

As a student of law (at least, of our law) it shouldn't be.

The purpose of law is not to invent crime, but to govern the relations within and between societies. If relations cannot be governed, then law has failed. If relations can only be governed by minute legal interventions in every aspect of life, then I think you would agree with me that society has failed.

A volunteer's account of what the Refuge is like today, and what the squatters did to it

"Oh, guys, it was awful. Outrageous, infuriating, sickening. Just

sheer wanton, deliberate damage and vandalism. They broke into every

single building and office. They didn't just smoke everywhere, they

spit their chewing tobacco spit onto carpets, furniture, even the

personal photos and pictures in the employee's offices. They filled and

stopped up sinks with cigarette butts and rotting food. They flooded

and damaged every single toilet except for the 2 in the Vol bathhouse -

messed them up so badly that some of the had to just be yanked out and

discarded. F&W has a commercial disaster area clean-up company in

working on things, and Carla said even they and the FBI crime scene

investigators were grossed out. ...

"None of this has shown up in the media. The criminals were careful

not to show any of the havoc they were creating themselves. And I think

(my personal opinion)
the FBI and F&W and law enforcement are keeping a

lid on the extent of the damage so as to not create any problems for the

upcoming prosecution cases. Carla and the rest of the Refuge staff are

staying very closed-mouth about what they know. Carla walked us around

and showed us and described to us the damages, but beyond what we could

see for ourselves, she refuses to talk any other specifics. They have

all been told by F&W very specifically what they may and may not say.

Local law enforcement is still concerned, still making nightly

drive-by security sweeps of employee's homes. ..."

- from http://www.ordofanaticus.com/index.php?/topic/27981-about-malheur/

Destroying the personal possessions in the offices seems particularly hypocritical on the part of these supposed "defenders of the constitution."

• 4 weeks later...

So after the Bundies refused pleas and hired an attorney that was not legally allowed to practice, this comes up:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ammon-ryan-bundy-jail-facebook-internet_us_5751a153e4b0eb20fa0dab02

It's pretty much the SovCit playbook to jam up the court systems as much as possible. My current girlfriend's dad is a trial lawyer who told me that it's gotten really bad in some PA courts, even relaying a story about a guy with some sexual abuse charges jamming up the court with SovCit nonsense. He was then bailed out by a friend who it turns out had cheated the government out of a ridiculous amount of money with tax fraud, and that person went on to jam up the courts with their own crap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know reading comments on Fox News is generally a health hazard, but I recall a recent article where most everyone was sounding off against the jailed ranchers/insurrectionists.

Fox News really changed their tone. At the beginning of Malheur, they were saying "patriot" this and that. I think they didn't want to get on the bad side of the FBI.

The Bundy boys are sitting tight in prison until their trial, with a planned jailbreak attempt in April not helping their case.

"In Ryan Bundy's cell, jail personnel found a rope made with multiple sheets tied together, additional strips of torn sheets, extra pillow cases, towels, clothing and food," the judge wrote. "I reject his excuse that he was practicing braiding."

• 2 weeks later...

A Canadian SovCit goes to court

Gauthier interrupted the proceedings and spoke out of turn on many occasions. He “objected” to the characterization of Starr, Ferrier, and Werbiki as “Defendants”:

They are not Defendants as named on the Statement of Claim. They are actually wrongdoers. That’s a specific amendment I made.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reading the story, that is some odd behavior on part of the US Marshals and - not to defend the YeeHawdists - but a bit of an overreaction. 

Unfortunately I don't think this is the last we'll hear from these idjits. And next time, there'll probably be more bloodshed.

• 3 months later...

Wife suspected in the death of St. Louis KKK leader. Good luck finding a jury to convict her.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/prosecutor-kkk-leader-may-have-been-killed-because-he-wanted/article_c77319fd-8e22-5ecd-81e3-99104e818021.html

Reading the St. Louis Dispatch's in-depth article on the murder, it is striking to me just how small and squalid and irrelevant the KKK really is in this country.

These are the guys, if I recall correctly, whose idea of White Power was to hand out leaflets that they probably had to go to Kinkos to get printed during the Ferguson protests.

Here's the best paragraph in the story.

Ancona had been in a dispute with other Klan leaders, Potok said, who accused Ancona of being secretly Jewish and Malissa Ancona of being a Wiccan. Both were untrue, Potok believes, but the accusations are typical of the Klan world today, which consists of 29 different named organizations, “each one claiming to be the one true Klan and denigrating the others.”