Belesarius

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Donward said:

Well hell. There goes another part of the 1990s gone.

The part is, I looked at this twitter like 10 minutes after it was announced, the last place he was in (at least, according to his last tweet 8 hours before that) was Detroit.

No one deserves to die in Detroit.

49 minutes ago, Khand-e said:

The part is, I looked at this twitter like 10 minutes after it was announced, the last place he was in (at least, according to his last tweet 8 hours before that) was Detroit.

No one deserves to die in Detroit.

2006, the Seattle loses Super Bowl XL in Detroit.

2017, Seattle loses Sound Garden's Chris Cornell in a Detroit bathroom after he hangs himself.

I think there is a lesson there.

1 hour ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Yep ConnerEY  Is So Overrated 

I like Connery just fine. But let's not pretend that his offerings aren't every bit as campy and ridiculous as Moore's Bond. I like the movies but come on. Ninjas attacking secret volcano bases in "You Only Live Twice" and offing homosexuals while cruising around in a moonroover in "Diamonds are Forever" are every bit as bad - in a good way - as Moore fighting midgets in "Man with the Golden Gun".

"Moonraker" aside - which is entirely the fault of the studios misreading the Star Wars phenomenon - "For Your Eyes Only" is one of the better Bond offerings. "Live and Let Die" is solid. And "View to a Kill" with Christopher Walken and Grace Jones hamming it up as genetically engineered super humans is entertaining.

The thing with Roger Moore is that he never pretended like he was the world's greatest actor. He wasn't a diva - like Connery - and recognized that he was B list actor who was there to hit his mark, deliver a quip and wink at the camera. That's what the studio and directors asked of him and - quite frankly - he did it well, with his usually suave, British flair.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...