Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

StuG III Thread (and also other German vehicles I guess)

EnsignExpendable

Also, since I assume that's you Ensign, yes, he tried to back pedal and claim he knew his original figures were against sloped armor all along despite never mentioning it until multiple people called him out on it, even in the case of the DGJ02 where he was either willfully retarded or obviously lying to ignore its against sloped armor, as opposed to .50 BMG SLAP's figure which isn't. and also the unsloped figures for regular .50 BMG M2 AP/M8 API.

At this rate, he may become the forums next new trend.

Ahaha what a fucker

I wonder if the guy will hide after the current levels of rek he got or he'll post even more retarded stuff.

Though tbh, anything smaller than 75mm isn't my field so I won't be able to have fun ;-;

Well for reference, if you ignore the effects of hyper sloping, the DGJ02, which he said can only pen 20mm at 1000m compared to the M903's 23mm at 1200m, he gleefully didn't point out that the Chinese tested that against a 60 degree plate for the initial test, so, the actual LOS thickness would be 40mm at 1000m, or, basically what WW2 era Tungsten API could do at only 100m

He then tried to backpedal and claim he knew the effects of sloping all along because the link he got it from (that he posted much later) said it. despite the fact he listed unsloped numbers for M903, M2, and M8 betrays the fact he didn't. (That or he was being intentionally deceptive, but considering the massive list of idiotic things this guy has claimed or said, I don't think he's smart enough to do that.)

Lastly, I love his comment that there's not much difference between "full caliber APCR" (as if that line makes any fucking sense in the first place, they're full on AP/API) and M903 APDS (the same round type that obsoleted APCR), let's take a look at core proportion sizes and compare!

BS (Steel Cored and Tungsten)

p145zsu1.jpg

M903 SLAP and M962 SLAP-T

_50_bmg_armor_piercing_discarding_sabot_

2usev01.jpg

rad5D96238258.JPG

God, the proportions and projectile/penetrator shape, they're goddamn splitting images of each other! am I looking into a mirror? did Colli spike my drink with DMT as part of my initiation? did I get hit with a stray lawnmower blade and suffer a severe concussion and trauma to the head? no wait, the last one can't be true, that might make me half as retarded as this guy.

So are the torsion bars outright exposed like that in the fighting compartment, or is there some form of floor cover that goes over them?

I presume the turret basket would be covering them. Considering the amount of free space available, I guess that picture is of a Leopard 2 without the turret mounted.

I presume the turret basket would be covering them. Considering the amount of free space available, I guess that picture is of a Leopard 2 without the turret mounted.

That was my assumption, but the positioning of the hull ammo rack in relation to the floor and torsion bars makes my wonder still.