Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

BMP-3 with an Epoch turret, and a K-17 with a Berezhok turret. What the actual fuck?

Back on topic:

T-16 BREM scale model:

T-72B3 ERA (I hope they didn't actually call it that way):

First time I'm hearing the Bumerang is rated at 14.5mm protection:

https://www.armyrecognition.com/army-2017_show_daily_news_coverage_report/bumerang_k-17_new_russian_8x8_ifv_live_firing_demonstration_12308171.html

And speaking about Boomerang. A turret, that some people called Epokha here, when refering to turret on Boomer, is called Boomerang-BM. Epokha turret have 57 mm low velocity gun. Boomerang-BM turret and Berezhok have basically same weapons, difference is that Boomerang-BM is unmanned and have plenty of electronic gizzmos.

https://sdelanounas.ru/i/a/w/m/f_aWMucGljcy5saXZlam91cm5hbC5jb20vYm1wZC8zODAyNDk4MC85NjU3NTcvOTY1NzU3X29yaWdpbmFsLmpwZz9fX2lkPTQ2MjA4.jpeg

5 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

And speaking about Boomerang. A turret, that some people called Epokha here, when refering to turret on Boomer, is called Boomerang-BM. Epokha turret have 57 mm low velocity gun. Boomerang-BM turret and Berezhok have basically same weapons, difference is that Boomerang-BM is unmanned and have plenty of electronic gizzmos.

https://sdelanounas.ru/i/a/w/m/f_aWMucGljcy5saXZlam91cm5hbC5jb20vYm1wZC8zODAyNDk4MC85NjU3NTcvOTY1NzU3X29yaWdpbmFsLmpwZz9fX2lkPTQ2MjA4.jpeg

May i ask, why exactly a Low velocity gun is choosen on the Epokha turret?
I thought it would be more like the gun of the Derivatsiya.

13 minutes ago, Zyklon said:

May i ask, why exactly a Low velocity gun is choosen on the Epokha turret?
I thought it would be more like the gun of the Derivatsiya.

No idea. Unmanned BMP-3-like weapon system with added programmable 100 mm HE-frag round and 4 Kornet-EMs bolted on turret sides would have been more than sufficient.

57 mm "light assault gun" is good only against infantry and unarmored vehicles, but because this gun is pretty weak against anything armored, they added new "middle-caliber" ATGM - "Bulat". This means that vehicle will end up with MG, main 57mm gun, and 2 different ATGMs. And with such amount of weapons vehicle will still be less capable against infantry in buildings and fortification (BMP-3 have 100 mm gun for such situations) compared to Dragoon and Bakhcha-equipped IFVs.

9 hours ago, chihab said:

i have question 

this is the  interception projectiles launchers ( for the high speed projectiles " APFSDS " ) 

T-14+Armata+5.jpg

Tubes in the turret near turret ring - yes. Thing, that those arrows point, are covers of capbles that are used change magnetic field of the vehicles to decrease chance of detonating over vehicle of ATGM with magnetic sensors .  

On 8/26/2017 at 11:44 AM, LoooSeR said:

Tubes in the turret near turret ring - yes. Thing, that those arrows point, are covers of capbles that are used change magnetic field of the vehicles to decrease chance of detonating over vehicle of ATGM with magnetic sensors .  

According to the Russian wiki it is ERA 

Tower4-T14.png

for the interception projectiles launchers (launchers arrays) T-14 have two launcher placed on either side of the turret

892a5f3e2aa14b48f7747cbccda0a174-50.jpg

from the Russian wiki

Tower-T14.jpg?uselang=ru

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Афганит_(активная_защита)

Ejection launcher hatch

294526_original.jpg

has a removable cover

004.jpg

13 hours ago, chihab said:

According to the Russian wiki it is ERA 

I am speaking about piece of sheet metal on top of side armor modules, just under arrow's tips. Same sheet metal cover can be found on frontal part of the vehicle, covering same cable. Also, it is unknown if it ERA, as one of sources description of what is inside of those modules suggest a blend of NERA and ERA. I covered this subject on one of first pages of this thread. Same with Afganit.

https://bmpd.livejournal.com/2825067.html

At the last International Military Technical Forum "Army-2017" the Main Missile and Artillery Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation presented, among other things, information about the system of modular propellant charges created as part of the development of ammunition for the long-range 152-mm artillery complex " Coalition "(R&D "Coalition-BP", developer - JSC "Scientific Research Machine Building Institute named after V.V. Bakhirev ", Moscow).

4639321_original.jpg

Each "Module" is no more than 10 kg.

Also in the exposition of the International Military Technical Forum "Army-2017" a 152-mm shot with a 3G4 concrete-piercing shell created within the framework of the same R&D "Coalition-BP" was presented. The shot is designed to defeat the field fortification and other defensive structures, logistics infrastructure. It is used for firing from the 152-mm self-propelled howitzer 2S35 "Coalition-SV".

The composition of the shot

- projectile 3G4

- bottom fuse

- full variable modular propellant charge 4-З-27

- electric shock tube TV-UED-3 (3KV9)

4639543_original.jpg

Spoiler

4639981_original.jpg