Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

There are such things as super accurate and controllable Ak's

They are called AK-74s  :wub:

(or you can bring your hick ass out to the range once and awhile to stop relying on your wallet to aim for you) 

I have encountered grossly inaccurate AK variants, but they tended to be either abused, weilded by chimpanzees, or so covered with tacticacoolery that it was affecting the action.

The exceptions to this were obviously "not right". Like the MAK 90 that was bent at the trunnion.

I have encountered grossly inaccurate AK variants, but they tended to be either abused, weilded by chimpanzees, or so covered with tacticacoolery that it was affecting the action.

The exceptions to this were obviously "not right". Like the MAK 90 that was bent at the trunnion.

Is there a curse with you and trunnions per chance?

Is there a curse with you and trunnions per chance?

Not really, it just tends to be a stress localizer in a lot of small arms designs, so if you're around enough of them, long enough you see a few that are bent.

I'm thinking that 90+% of what I dealt with was related to shoddy or improper cleaning instead of more obvious mechanical damage.

Russian Airborne troops to receive new MANPADS.  Big difference appears to be a new tri-mode seeker, making it harder to decoy.

http://armyrecognition.com/weapons_defence_industry_military_technology_uk/russian_airborne_troops_will_receive_new_verba_manpads_portable_air_defense_system_end_of_2015_12010151.html

Jesus fuck MG&A  :rolleyes: 

Guardsman26 said...

Feedback from several US friends and colleagues involved with military small arms ammunition design suggests that M855A1 still isn't optimised. Suffice it to say that many versions of the 5.56 mm M855A1 EPR now exist as the design continues to evolve to overcome various issues. The version that ultimately enters service should more correctly be called M855A9!!! While the M855A1 of 2015 is very different from the one of 2012, I still don't think we're there yet - in fact, I'm not sure we ever will be, despite your confidence in this ammo type. 

You appear to be unaware that M855A1 entered service in 2010.