Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Anti-gun groups make a lot of hay over the fact that two of the big name gun companies, Remington and Smith and Wesson, are part of these huge corporate investment schemes and have a strategy to force various parties to divest themselves of any investments or retirement plans that include the two.

While at the same time, gun owners fucking despise Remington and Smith and Wesson for being part of a huge corporate behemoth that gives zero shits about their customers and is only interested in maximizing profits for the short term.

If i was a gun company, i would bankroll every anti-gun law, jack up prices for the buying spree that results, and then watch as the legislation fails and then do the same thing every 6 to 12 months

SHHH!  They don't know Obummer is working for the gun lobby.  It's supposed to be super-sekrit!

Apparently, this is a comment by Wulfgar that was baleeted by Phil:

I don't remember which twit Wulfgar is, does anyone else?

Every once in a while, I'm tempted to go back to Phil and sass him over making me promise an apology, then he goes and does cool things occasionally. Also, I won't because two of his employees post here.

So..... the new Galil Ace pistol definitely has third pin and hole.

Remember when Norinco did this with MAK 90s? Yeah, the ATF made them recall all of them.

So IWI fucked up really bad, especially with precedent clearly laid out 20 years ago.

1fh0yb.jpg

jjvjwj.jpg

2u8lc76.jpg

May I use those photos in a post, Alex? Looks like there's gonna be a recall.

Remember when Norinco did this with MAK 90s? Yeah, the ATF made them recall all of them.

So IWI fucked up really bad, especially with precedent clearly laid out 20 years ago.

1fh0yb.jpg

jjvjwj.jpg

2u8lc76.jpg

Im gonna go out on a limp here and say the key to making an AK pistol isnt neccesarry designer competence but rather the cartrige

5.45 and super duper 9mm seem to work, but if you want 7.62 your better off constructing some weird bullpup 

1fh0yb.jpg

jjvjwj.jpg

2u8lc76.jpg

I'm assuming this is a *wink, wink* "pistol" and totally not a carbine with a short barrel.

I'm assuming this is a *wink, wink* "pistol" and totally not a carbine with a short barrel.

The reason that particular kink in the law exists is that it was actually a closure of a loophole in the original drafts of the NFA, where pistols had to be registered just like machine guns.

Also, TFB holiday special proves Alex has a more universal sense of humor than I do:

The reason that particular kink in the law exists is that it was actually a closure of a loophole in the original drafts of the NFA, where pistols had to be registered just like machine guns.

Also, TFB holiday special proves Alex has a more universal sense of humor than I do:

And it's stupid. I've already made my point clear on this.

Fascists are stupid:

The 5.56x45 is not ideally suited for our current jihadist enemy. They don't really have a logistical infrastructure to bog down with wounded soldiers. They like to harass our soldiers from long distance or blow them up with suicide bombs (including in cars). For that type of enemy, you need a cartridge that hits harder, has better barrier penetration, and better long range accuracy - like the 6.5 Grendel.

As to suppressive fire, it's only 4 fewer rounds per magazine. You're also an AR-15 fanboy, yet you don't seem to be dismissing the AR-15 as being inherently flawed and impractical even though a typical troop's loadout has 14 fewer rounds since most people load their AR-15 magazines with 28 rounds in order to ensure reliable magazine insertion. So, it's pretty obvious that you're selectively applying your criticisms in order to justify your support of the U.S. military sticking with the M4 chambered in 5.56x45.

If you set up a computer simulation where 2 opposing forces engage in various combat scenarios and had exactly the same gear and training, the side equipped with 6.5 Grendel rounds would probably beat the side equipped with 5.56x45 rounds a majority of the time due to the 6.5 Grendel round having superior stopping power and long range accuracy.

It's clear that we need to go back to dum-dum rounds in order to stop primitive savages and rushes of fanatical tribesmen who lack the willpower to know that they've been shot.

"The civilized soldier when shot recognizes that he is wounded and knows that the sooner he is attended to the sooner he will recover. He lies down on his stretcher and is taken off the field to his ambulance, where he is dressed or bandaged. Your fanatical barbarian, similarly wounded, continues to rush on, spear or sword in hand; and before you have the time to represent to him that his conduct is in flagrant violation of the understanding relative to the proper course for the wounded man to follow—he may have cut off your head".

John_Charles_Ardagh_%281894%29.png

John Ardagh was Right!

Never Forget!

When did Phil make you promise an apology?

Over that whole ITAR debate where the writer claimed TFB would be shutting down because he didn't bother reading the language update on copyright protection and took the NRA's alarmist interpretation to heart. Phil made me promise to apologize when TFB would be taken down by the government because running a firearm blog is illegal now. Phil usually seems like a pretty rad dude most of the other time, so I don't know what climbed in his craw during that whole thing.

Anyway, found a real nice Yugo SKS in a store yesterday. Low-balled with $250, he wouldn't hear a price under $500. How do gun store owners stay in fucking business anymore?

Over that whole ITAR debate where the writer claimed TFB would be shutting down because he didn't bother reading the language update on copyright protection and took the NRA's alarmist interpretation to heart. Phil made me promise to apologize when TFB would be taken down by the government because running a firearm blog is illegal now. Phil usually seems like a pretty rad dude most of the other time, so I don't know what climbed in his craw during that whole thing.

Anyway, found a real nice Yugo SKS in a store yesterday. Low-balled with $250, he wouldn't hear a price under $500. How do gun store owners stay in fucking business anymore?

Oh, yes, I remember that.

Phil's a good guy, but he has some clear weaknesses. Trust me when I say, though, that he's an essential part of making quality review content on TFB. If we had more consistent writers and more money for ammo, we could have the best review outlet on the Internet.

Gun stores have a huge swath of new-buyer idiots to choose from, man. This, combined with GunBroker means that finding a steal is really hard these days.

But, y'know, there's that "no new gun buyers" narrative, I guess...