Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

I.... Alex, somebody, help...

https://www.full30.com/video/55706c01c15ef0aeef3b9b4c8e0f025b?utm_source=system&utm_medium=email&utm_content=inrange&utm_campaign=subscribers

They shot two five round groups and got 3" of spread (measured in the most half-assed way I've ever seen) with match ammo at 100m. And they are doing that bullshit of "dropping fliers", and getting "good consistency".

COME ON. Ian, Karl, what the heck, guys? Not you, too! Shilling for Kel-Tec, that's like... Fuck, mate.

The rifle may be good, it may be bad, I dunno, but don't try to sell me a 3 MOA max gun as a target rifle!

Also, note that in a previous video they tried to sell THE EXACT SAME PERFORMANCE from M855 as "terrible" and "not worth your time". But somehow Kel-Tec's rifle shooting that poorly gets a pass?

To be clear, the RDB is one of the most interesting guns to come on the market in a while. Unfortunately... It's a Kel-Tec. I am eternally rooting for them to get their act together, but it's Kel-Tec.

A good design? Yes. I am impressed. But we just know how these things go.

Now, I hope that the RDB leads in some way or another to bullpups gaining more of a foothold. I think most of the obstacles facing bullpups are are of a training and familiarity nature, and I like the advantages that bullpups provide.

Having said that... Kel-Tec.

I finished their hour-long review, and they are not really shilling for Kel-Tec, but the accuracy test was still really strange.

Anyway, good mud test, glad InRange did that kind of thing. Calling it "phenomenal" after that mud test is a bit strange, too.

P.S. Ian, please stop calling everything that's a rotating bolt design that is not an AR-15 an "AR-18". Please.

Are they still planning on releasing that M43 wooden thing they were showing off way back?

Also, I always get the feeling that I have to read Ian's body language more than listen to his words about evaluating gun performance. I've seen some contradictions between what he's said about weapon recoil, and what it looks like he's experienced, for example. It could just be he's had different relative views for this sort of thing or doesn't wish to offend a gun's owner or something, but that MOA for the RFB is kind of upsetting. I'm open to being 100% wrong, though, too.

Very cool.

I remember reading about a 7.62x43 round that was developed around the same time for use in Soviet assault rifles. We're any select fire rifles ever developed in this caliber?

Just asked Max about it, he will be able to get more info for me later, but it was apparently developed as a response to 7.62 NATO, but determined to be too powerful.