Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Every time I call a rifle that meets the definition of an "assault rifle" as defined by the United States military a fucking assault rifle, I get angrily corrected by NRA Billy Bob who tells me that assault rifle is some made up demon term used by all them anti gun liburrels using it to take our guns away.

Finally got to put some decent ammo in the Enfield today. 50 yds, standing unsupported, first six rounds I put in:

EcRWvdt.jpg

I really need to give PPU some props. Not only do these guys make modern affordable versions of rare rifle rounds, they make them damned good, too. I guess if I was some fucking Facebook Dad, I'd post that with something like "When you meet your daughter's new boyfriend... and he extends his hand to shake yours... hand him this!!!"

Also, took my dad's Mini-14 out for the first time in a while. I really need to give him credit for how well he takes care of all of his guns. This thing is forty years old:

BykZDzL.jpg

It's adorable to see revolverfags try to make fun of minor shit autos suffer from, when revolvers have this huge laundry list of malfunctions that read like a psychological horror novel.

alt.

I'm sorry, I can't remember the last time I blew up my semiauto because its chamber failed to align with the barrel properly.

Donward

"Magnum size"

Seinfeld-Laughing-with-Cigar.gif

Not to stroke my own ego, but I like that there are multiple levels of comedy going on in that picture.

Hehe. Stroke...

Donward is apparently the kind of redneck weirdo who jacks off while wearing a condom that's three sizes too big.

You say redneck weirdo who jacks off while wearing a condom that's three sizes too big like it's a bad thing.

It's adorable to see revolverfags try to make fun of minor shit autos suffer from, when revolvers have this huge laundry list of malfunctions that read like a psychological horror novel.

alt.

I'm sorry, I can't remember the last time I blew up my semiauto because its chamber failed to align with the barrel properly.

How to fix a revolver: Contact your gunsmith and wait at least 4-6 weeks.

Not to stroke my own ego, but I like that there are multiple levels of comedy going on in that picture.

Hehe. Stroke...

You say redneck weirdo who jacks off while wearing a condom that's three sizes too big like it's a bad thing.

Comedy? if I wanted to be funny I would've said something about the SI magazine actually saying to put any amount of faith in the Mariners.

o-SMUG-MAN-SUIT-570.jpg?10

Comedy? if I wanted to be funny I would've said something about the SI magazine actually saying to put any amount of faith in the Mariners.

o-SMUG-MAN-SUIT-570.jpg?10

YEA I NOE. I SAY I WANT TO WATCH SEAHAWKS GAME BEAT BALTIMORE IN BLOWOUT AND START NICE FIRE BUT PUSTOL SAY NO U CANT USE SPORTS ILLUSTRATED MAGAZINE. IT SAY EVEN THOUGH SEAHAWKS WINNING NIW YOU CANT ENJOY LIFE AND MUST DWELL ON PAST FAILURE. I SAY GIVE ME MAGAZINE BUT PUSTOL WONT RELEASE.

Our resident Germanophile will be happy to hear this; I may be beginning to come around regarding the FG-42. I was originally pretty skeptical about claims of its mild recoil, but the more I look into it, the more I think its secret sauce might actually work.

It's certainly got a lot of neat little engineering features to it, and I think I seriously wonder about how durable those new reproductions are (the originals are supposed to be pretty fragile and breaky, but given the Germans' situation at the time, I wonder how much of that was pushing a design too far, and how much was limited design time in addition to lackluster metallurgy).

As I mentioned in my latest Light Rifle article, I am about 99% convinced that the FG-42 was the "light at the end of the tunnel" for the US Lightweight Rifle program, and the original reason they so tenaciously pursued a full-caliber select-fire infantry rifle. This obviously leads to the question "why didn't they just clone it for the rifle program, like they did for the machine gun program?"

Finally, check out how friggin' tiny the First Model is:

Absolutely off the hook.