Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

This video got spat out onto my Facebook feed:

It really annoys me when people shoot big steel targets as an "accuracy test" and then talk about how "super accurate" a gun is. Now, I'm sure being a Krebs gun it's very accurate, but c'mon guys. A 16x9 silhouette at 300 yards? Whoopdeefreakingdoo. There's an 8" target out at 300 yards at my local range that I basically can't miss with my SLR-104FR, a gun half the price of the Krebs AC-15. It's not a very hard target to hit!

I also feel like people need to get out more if they feel like a gun being accurate enough for 440 yards/400 meters is worth celebrating. I would be fucking pissed if ANY rifle I bought for over $1000 couldn't shoot well enough to hit targets at that range. Gimme a fucking break.

Im starting to think now that the internet is kinda wearing off as a "new invention" alot of things are happening to the firearm community, mainly that they are relizing that alot of videos and types of videos in general are pretty useless outside of fun value (NO FUN ALLOWED) and that their collective castles have been built on sand

the great muddening of 2016 and range accuracy tests like these are great examples

what will never be obsolete are opinion pieces and general research 

I don't like to dump on content when people I know are involved with it. Lord knows I don't want this forum to go "surprise from the internet" and start shitting on my cooking, but James' videos stand out as being that much worse than Alex's (props to Pat for his contributions, especially since he actually made CCW interesting to a liberal douche like me) content. Most videos are just long-winded footage of him holding a gun out in front of him, with tangents that completely dip away from the gun. I'll admit he's got presence, and his videos are edited. They're just so boring, not just in the object of what he's talking about, but I can't understand how a third-party folding AK stock from Magpul or a .22 AK is just interesting enough for me to watch a guy standing around talking about it for long periods of time.

I don't like to dump on content when people I know are involved with it. Lord knows I don't want this forum to go "surprise from the internet" and start shitting on my cooking, but James' videos stand out as being that much worse than Alex's (props to Pat for his contributions, especially since he actually made CCW interesting to a liberal douche like me) content. Most videos are just long-winded footage of him holding a gun out in front of him, with tangents that completely dip away from the gun. I'll admit he's got presence, and his videos are edited. They're just so boring, not just in the object of what he's talking about, but I can't understand how a third-party folding AK stock from Magpul or a .22 AK is just interesting enough for me to watch a guy standing around talking about it for long periods of time.

Uh, I wouldn't worry about that. Neither Alex nor I are particularly sensitive about it.

Keep in mind that the G36K has a pretty whippy little 12.5" barrel... But still, it's a fairly light rifle.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm205/saboteur7271/IMG_3507.jpg

Honestly, the G36 would be one of the best rifles in the world if it didn't have the thermal and humidity issues it has.

Are the results on the trunnion/sights problems solid enough yet? I see people speak up against it, but they're usually using certified non-polyethylene trunnions, or mostly based on political opposition, so I took such claims with a grain of salt.  I haven't heard any other adopters of the rifle chime in either.

Are the results on the trunnion/sights problems solid enough yet? I see people speak up against it, but they're usually using certified non-polyethylene trunnions, or mostly based on political opposition, so I took such claims with a grain of salt.  I haven't heard any other adopters of the rifle chime in either.

A lot of people want to wave the EMI test away, but I'm not willing to do that. According to the Institute, the G36 has a serious problem. Notably, however, TFB's brief testing of the rifle was unable to turn up any problems.

They're not terrible, but keep in mind that they look a lot smaller in photos than they actually are.

Heavy DA pull that can be improved by a bit of cratex and respringing. They are about the size of a PP, and a skosh smaller than a PM.

Would not mind owning one, but saving up for another Inglis GP35.

Behold Bubba causing an M1 to stick, probably because he slammed the rounds on the table so hard the bullets got set back, or the cases got fucked up. Fun starts at 7:00:

I'm not positive that's what happened, but I generally would not expect good things to happen from slamming a clip of rounds on the table like that.

Behold Bubba causing an M1 to stick, probably because he slammed the rounds on the table so hard the bullets got set back, or the cases got fucked up. Fun starts at 7:00:

I'm not positive that's what happened, but I generally would not expect good things to happen from slamming a clip of rounds on the table like that.

I've had the one I owned hot enough to be smoking.192 rounds, as fast as I could load and fire. Other than my fumbling, the rifle never hiccuped.   

Blaming the weapon for ammo malfunctions, seems to be what a lot of "experts" on Youtube are prone to doing.