Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

In all seriousness, the Markarov is an exceptional concealed carry. Its comfy, hard to fuck up and easy to lug around my fat ass every day 

Not liking Markarov is like not liking dark haired women or red meat

which has me wondering, what do you guys conceal carry? 

A gun with heat/temperature issues being sold at premium price in a nice and cool place like Iraq? I see no ways this can ever go wrong.

Seller review: Negative

"Seller.....is......a Shitstain.......*Submit*"

I heard rumblings that the heat issues were false

Can anyone confirm

Anyway, dumb idea but, with the LWMMG thing and companies trying to make a machine gun between .308 and .50 BMG in power.... WHY NOT ZOIDBERG Cheytac?!

I think with the really considerable accuracy and flat trajectory of the .408 and .375 Cheytac rounds, and the new AP round they make for it which is actually quite a thing (Yeah, it cheats by having a better designed jacket and a tungsten core over the M8's steel and lead cased core, but it still performs quite well.), It could probably fill the niche they're going for better then .338 Norma Magnum while still being considerably smaller then a trimmed down M2HB or some shit.

http://www.cheytac.com/2015/11/30/a-novel-armor-piercing-ap-projectile-design/

They get alot of shit wrong about the history and current state of AP design, but the test results look promising.

Anyway, dumb idea but, with the LWMMG thing and companies trying to make a machine gun between .308 and .50 BMG in power.... WHY NOT ZOIDBERG Cheytac?!

I think with the really considerable accuracy and flat trajectory of the .408 and .375 Cheytac rounds, and the new AP round they make for it which is actually quite a thing (Yeah, it cheats by having a better designed jacket and a tungsten core over the M8's steel and lead cased core, but it still performs quite well.), It could probably fill the niche they're going for better then .338 Norma Magnum while still being considerably smaller then a trimmed down M2HB or some shit.

http://www.cheytac.com/2015/11/30/a-novel-armor-piercing-ap-projectile-design/

They get alot of shit wrong about the history and current state of AP design, but the test results look promising.

Also, a larger .375 or .408 caliber projectile would be ideal in this case, not for STOPPING POWER!, but because it would allow you to more easily make other things like incendiary/API loadings or scaled down raufoss type rounds.

You put six in the heart,

You put four in the brain;

You search and assess,

And you shake it all about.

You do the hokey pokey,

And you turn yourself around.

That's what it's all about!

Wow. Those guys looked like a bunch of neophytes taking a West Coast Swing dance class for the first time. You can almost read their faces. OK, I'm supposed to step like this, now I'm supposed to turn like that and... OOPS!... I'm supposed to turn in a circle... and... Oh shit, my gun!

I generally discount a lot of these tactical training courses. What sort of world does this sort of shit really work unless you have absolute tactical superiority, air cover, suppression with heavy weapons and psychological control. Or if you're a police officer and have body armor on and back up, calmly approaching a perp with your AR pointed at him when the best that that guy might have is a handgun tucked away somewhere. These numb-nuts rattling around and bumping into each other would have their asses handed to them by any Third World military force, let alone anyone that has an ounce of unit cohesion. Walking back and forth like an automaton is all well and good until someone opens up with a crew-served automatic weapon. 

Wow. Those guys looked like a bunch of neophytes taking a West Coast Swing dance class for the first time. You can almost read their faces. OK, I'm supposed to step like this, now I'm supposed to turn like that and... OOPS!... I'm supposed to turn in a circle... and... Oh shit, my gun!

I generally discount a lot of these tactical training courses. What sort of world does this sort of shit really work unless you have absolute tactical superiority, air cover, suppression with heavy weapons and psychological control. Or if you're a police officer and have body armor on and back up, calmly approaching a perp with your AR pointed at him when the best that that guy might have is a handgun tucked away somewhere. These numb-nuts rattling around and bumping into each other would have their asses handed to them by any Third World military force, let alone anyone that has an ounce of unit cohesion. Walking back and forth like an automaton is all well and good until someone opens up with a crew-served automatic weapon. 

i told all of you the fire run training was the only one we needed

ld0Ybhj.jpg

but you didnt listen

m4klRzR.jpg

2s8Rr4J.jpg

HA!

aYmsZYh.jpg

*gets burned*

Can someone actually explain what the fuck it is im watching. Because it looks like a bunch of ten gallon hicks shooting targets 2 to 10 meters away while practicing for their interpretative dance class

Holy shit. If these were the types of goobers that were over the fence back in the day they could of armed us with fucking black powder rifles