Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Don't forget that some of the first SIG-Sauer P220 imported to the US were sold as the Browning BDA.  I once saw a full set of the P220-based BDA in a pawnshop in Katy, TX: .45 ACP, .38 Super, and 9x19mm.  They also had a P220 chambered in 7.65mm Parabellum.

That must be one of those names they slapped about, the only BDA I know of was kind of a DA GP35. It was neat, but I am a bit too used to a single action auto. (Yet I daily carry a CZ75. Guess how it's carried..).

Betting they tried to market it when a metric shit-ton of surplus GP35's were dumped on the market.

That must be one of those names they slapped about, the only BDA I know of was kind of a DA GP35. It was neat, but I am a bit too used to a single action auto. (Yet I daily carry a CZ75. Guess how it's carried..).

Betting they tried to market it when a metric shit-ton of surplus GP35's were dumped on the market.

ilduce.jpg?

Thanks for that D.E. Watters.  Like Meplat, I had only ever heard of the BDA that was somehow a double-actionified GP.

Which I'm curious about, now that I think of it.  The original BHP has a rather unusual trigger that does not well lend itself to double action.

That's more of an issue with the magazine disconnect safety to be fair, removing it will take something like half the trigger pull weight off.

ilduce.jpg?

Haha. No, I reblocked an old SD Myres for mine.

Getting to where most folks have no idea what a first/early /pre B CZ looks like. Let alone what a proper CC rig looks like.

Sad that a holster made in the 1930's/40's is still one of the best for me.

Besides in that scene, I'd have rolled up in a Fed-Ex or UPS van , dropped a false side and laid waste with at minimum a PKM/M60 at at max a GAU8/A. Assuming I HAD to go "full Hollywood"

it'd be far easier to just sit down the block a skosh with an IR LASER designator and a radio.

The various HP-DA and BDA were not true HP variants.  Even D.J. Saive's post-WW2 attempt at a DA pistol didn't keep much in the way of parts commonality with the basic GP35.

Back in the 1970s, Louis Seecamp converted a pair of commercial HP for double-action.  I suspect that it worked like his DA conversion for the M1911.  The trigger would pull a draw bar which engaged a pin added to the side of the hammer, camming the hammer into the conventional single action position.  At that point, the factory action parts then take over to trip the sear.