Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Ugghhh. Nicholas C, I know it's only a Glock and doesn't have a soul...

IMG_1075.jpg

But why?

I mean. I guess there are reasons to have a pistol that has all the ergonomic qualities of wielding a rafter square if you ever want to use it to measure out stairs.

316RtBARa3L.jpg

I think I rustled Nicholas C's jimmies.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/04/13/liberty-suppressors-cosmic-x/#disqus_thread

Hot damn that's ugly.

Also, wouldn't the 1000 or so cartridges in that thing sort of make the silencer redundant? Or is it a weight balancing thing?

Indeed. But what if I need to fire off 97 rounds of 45 ACP suppressed without reloading and then measure the rise and run of a staircase in the dark?

I think I rustled Nicholas C's jimmies.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/04/13/liberty-suppressors-cosmic-x/#disqus_thread

Indeed. But what if I need to fire off 97 rounds of 45 ACP suppressed without reloading and then measure the rise and run of a staircase in the dark?

Then I think that your approach to DIY needs some work.

I can't go for a "truck gun" since I do spend a significant portion of my time in urban areas where said gun would be stolen through the simple expedient of smashing a window. In Washington state, we are not allowed to keep a rifle loaded in a vehicle anyway. I believe it is a holdover from the days of "road hunting" where individuals would hunt Bambi along the roads and often at night through the aid of artificial light (also illegal here). 

However, as a rifle that I do carry with me frequently when I feel I need something a little more skookum than my carry pistol, I have my Winchester 30-30 that was given to me on my thirteenth birthday (pictured in the gun pron thread) and it has traveled with me in a number of places and is more than good enough for anything in the lower 48 and - to be honest - can deal with brown bears as well given the proper shot placement. Although in reality, making noise and firing a warning shot is usually more than adequate. And it is light and handy at 6.5 pounds or there abouts.

Because fuck your optics and self loading bullshit:

Lee-Enfield.

I go hiking with my M44 Mosin. Not just because it's compact and I can shoot it reasonably well, but it's also loud enough that it tends to scare anything off with a warning shot or miss.

See Above.

I can't go for a "truck gun" since I do spend a significant portion of my time in urban areas where said gun would be stolen through the simple expedient of smashing a window. In Washington state, we are not allowed to keep a rifle loaded in a vehicle anyway. I believe it is a holdover from the days of "road hunting" where individuals would hunt Bambi along the roads and often at night through the aid of artificial light (also illegal here). 

However, as a rifle that I do carry with me frequently when I feel I need something a little more skookum than my carry pistol, I have my Winchester 30-30 that was given to me on my thirteenth birthday (pictured in the gun pron thread) and it has traveled with me in a number of places and is more than good enough for anything in the lower 48 and - to be honest - can deal with brown bears as well given the proper shot placement. Although in reality, making noise and firing a warning shot is usually more than adequate. And it is light and handy at 6.5 pounds or there abouts.

At one time my "truck gun" was a L1A1.