Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

So yeah, I wasn't joking when I said I was selliing my P320 just to spite SIG fanboys, my buyer is coming to get it today.

But I have 2 new pieces to my collection to make up for it! (technically 2 1/2, I had a bit of buyers remose on the trade for the Walther P99 to for my old Glock 22 Gen4, so that's back too.)

I think that one was actually about 188gr, because there was a modeling error I didn't catch until later.

As for your Mk. II Special Redux request, it might be a tight fit for the host cartridge I've got in mind...

I was thinking of a projo for "general" .303"  use. Heavy enough for all NA game, yet a very solid performer for range work.

185gr sounds heavy enough to me.

My favorite was a 220 grain FMJBTHP, atop a charge of 4895 I cannot remember. but it was absurdly accurate.

.303" is absurdly flexible in what it will tolerate, yet very fickle as to what it will shoot accurately.  I slugged the bore of my Long Branch No4, and found it was a nominal .3085".. Meaning I could easily neck size cases to use most .30 (nominal) projos.

Not being properly venerated is always the biggest problem for any gun manufacturer:

That Ruger began making a M1911A1 clone not long after I screamed at an exec for NOT jumping on the "1911" bandwagon is more than a bit galling.

My time at Ruger was very educational.  I also found it amusing to have them introduce  an AR clone after I told one exec " If you made a Mini 14 that used STANAG mags, you might sell a lot more of them.".

That Ruger began making a M1911A1 clone not long after I screamed at an exec for NOT jumping on the "1911" bandwagon is more than a bit galling.

My time at Ruger was very educational.  I also found it amusing to have them introduce  an AR clone after I told one exec " If you made a Mini 14 that used STANAG mags, you might sell a lot more of them.".

Did you ever scream at them to make Lee Enfield clones?

I see Alex has been cribbing notes from collimatrix:

I was going to be in absolute shock that "literally any sig sauer except the best one (P210)" wasn't listed, but then I realized they don't deserve a spot on a "top 5" list.