Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

Sweet baby Jesus,

Is there anything NOT wrong with the article?

Their narrative about the AR is pretty pathetic, and as usual with AR haters they act as though ammunition development has stayed completely static since 1960...

This article reminds me so much of other things I read ... Other places regularly!

I seriously had to go outside and have a 10 minute tourretes moment after reading the first 6 paragraphs.

By the way,oh hi guys I'm new here. Nathaniel knows me from other places.

Ahahahah, finally we got roguetechie to post.

Rogue and I have been busting up Tony's fine china over at his place. It's been a gas. Welcome to the forum, you dirty lurker.

Also- Shooting for group at 50 yards...

Really? This is a thing?

Well, since I actually have time to actually read the article now and I'm already vomiting up shit, here's a few of the less obvious ones, including that one.

: reading this article Oedipus posted is actually making me ill

: its like if war is boring hired a bunch of fudds

: like, aside from the really obvious ones

: 1. who does bench rest shots with bipods at 50 yards with a rifle to test accuracy?

: 2. by extension if accuracy is a concern, why bring in lever guns which are really inaccurate?

: shit

: since we just threw the autoloading part out the window with bringing in lever guns

: i'm 100% certain I could take my customized Winchester 70 out on It's bipod at 50 yards and, if I didn't put all 5 shots in the same hole I'd actually be embarrassed.

And really, I'm pretty far from an exceptional shot with a rifle, but 50 yards?

Florida Bystander who shot cop's attacker receives new gun. 

Apparently, the company who manufactured the pistol used bought him a new one while his is taken for evidence. 

Anybody got a guess on which company it is?

https://www.policeone.com/Officer-Safety/articles/241617006-Fla-bystander-who-shot-cops-attacker-receives-new-gun/

Florida Bystander who shot cop's attacker receives new gun. 

Apparently, the company who manufactured the pistol used bought him a new one while his is taken for evidence. 

Anybody got a guess on which company it is?

https://www.policeone.com/Officer-Safety/articles/241617006-Fla-bystander-who-shot-cops-attacker-receives-new-gun/

The company who made the gun didn't replace it, the company that sold it did. Shoot Straight in Fort Myers.

Hey thanks guys!

It's nice to feel welcome somewhere, suffice it to say that other places I go I get the distinct feeling that every time my name shows up other places a whole forum shakes their heads and says oh Jesus not him again in unison.

Hopefully I'll have some medium exciting things to drop in the gun pron thread shortly.

The wife has conditionally approved some expenditures, provided that the auction gods favor me, this should result in some acquisitions at post election panic low low discount prices.

Assuming that the stars align, and I don't hate my own work too much to post it, you'll probably see my take on what the Gwinn arm gun could've been as well as some creative uses of cz-26 parts kits etc.

Ok,

If forced to choose between the first two options, I'd take an SKS every time.

FWIW, I own an SKS and an inherited Winchester 94 so I could actually choose between the two.

Personally though, I'd take a vz52 if I could just to be different.

And because vz58's with 30 round mags suck to go prone with...

Sorry Don,

I know us PNW people should stick together, but I'm just not a lever gun guy. Mostly because I never found a source for $179 parts kits, nor can you make lever gun receivers with harbor freight shop presses.