Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

And the hits just keep coming. 

http://www.armslist.com/posts/7638041/albuquerque-new-mexico-rifles-for-sale-trade--mosin-m91-30

7638041_01_mosin_m91_30_640.jpg

One of a Kind Mosin Nagant M91/30 Shorty.  Custom Swept back bolt with oversized handle. Custom Muzzle brake and Leatherwork. Stock was hydro-dipped in camo. This thing is a little flame thrower. Very fun to shoot.  Please text or call me at 505-304-6174

Thanks Kevin

Will trade for:

savage BA or Ruger Precision in 6.5 creedmoor

Willing to trade for a Ruger Precision in 6.5 creedmoor

51 minutes ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

http://www.armslist.com/posts/7638041/albuquerque-new-mexico-rifles-for-sale-trade--mosin-m91-30

But I put a ton of money into this!

Yup and that's how you made it worth $90

Also known as the this is why even Realtors don't talk about fucking sweat equity anymore effect!

Turns out most people couldn't find style, craftsmanship, and or their own ass with both hands a set of flood lights a navigator a lead car a chase car and a god damn gps

57 minutes ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

If you took that atrocity to a gun buyback program in some liberal city, they'd turn you down. 

9 minutes ago, roguetechie said:

But I put a ton of money into this!

Yup and that's how you made it worth $90

Also known as the this is why even Realtors don't talk about fucking sweat equity anymore effect!

Turns out most people couldn't find style, craftsmanship, and or their own ass with both hands a set of flood lights a navigator a lead car a chase car and a god damn gps

Funny story.

At one time, several years ago, my mom was a commercial real estate appraiser at a pretty well respected office in Bellevue, WA. I'd help her do some field work taking photos and whatnot in my spare time but sadly missed out on the opportunity to help her appraise a mansion on Lake Washington in Seattle which was constructed for the owner of a cable company whose name you'd recognize which sits across the lake from Bill Gates mansion whom he hates. The guy spent a fortune buying up several lots, tearing down the very nice houses that sat on them, and spent $89 million building (if my memory is right and I've navigated Google maps correctly) this complex which even has a fucking retractable swimming pool. And of course the guy is a big liberal and hosts $50,000 a plate fundraisers for the likes of Bill and Hillary Clinton, Obama and Algore here.

NnZT09q.png?1

So he spent $89 million on it. After substantial legwork finding comparables, my mom came up with an appraised value substantially south of $20 million. (Again, this was several years ago).

Needless to say said rich, shitlord cable company owner was none too pleased and promptly ordered an other appraisal. Funny thing is, my mom's was the highest - and most precise well researched - appraisal he got. 

So just because someone has spent money on something, doesn't mean it's worth it. This is probably the most extreme example I can personally come up with.

Yeah it's a real thing...

An example from my own life.

I occasionally buy very unloved, but mechanically correct used tools and turn them into other home brew tools. 

It has never once occurred to me to sell something when I get rid of it for more than double what I put into it, and often I just give them away to make room for the next iteration. There are times when I've put ten or even twenty times my initial purchase price into what I have created.

But since my name isn't Haas or Allen Bradley I don't expect anyone to recognize the value in my kit bash automation. I recognize that, I'm ok with it, I don't do it for the money...

Realistically by the time I sell something I have either gotten a fair exchange of dollars to fun out of it, or it has pissed me off enough that just not seeing it anymore is worth whatever it costs to make it go away.

I'm probably just weird though

Do you know what's up with the B&T USW?

It's a cz75 based pistol with a stock adapter and an specially designed small aimpoint sight. The selling point is that regular police officers can carry it in a holster and, by using the extremely minimal shoulder stock and sight, having a weapon with greatly increased range and accuracy (compared to a regular cz75 shot by a police officer with the regular amount of marksmanship training). This is supposedly going to be a big seller as police adapts to the increased terrorist threat.

Personally, I think it might be a tough sell. The gun is less comfortable to carry than a polymer wonder nine and I'd very much prefer almost any real rifle to this thing, if I was going up against a bunch of crazy people with AK's.

Does anyone know if they're selling any? I think I read on tfb that some Swiss border guard like agency are using them.

On its surface, this ad isn't nearly as offensive as the others I've posted. But let's pick it apart. 

https://www.armslist.com/posts/6100713/fort-collins-colorado-rifles-for-sale--rare--paul-jaeger--customized-mauser

6100713_04_rare_paul_jaeger_customized_m

6100713_05_rare_paul_jaeger_customized_m

6100713_06_rare_paul_jaeger_customized_m

For Sale: Rare "Paul Jaeger" Customized Mauser

$ 2,075

This is a vintage & extremely collectable. Great back story!
This is the father, Paul Jaeger, not his son who currently does very fine work as well.
Paul Jaeger's customized mauser bring homes fetch very high dollars. Some nealry $100,000. 
This is one with as ususal, very fine craftsmanship.
Very finely hand checkered stock which Paul did himself.
Very nicely high polished bluing.
This is a vintage arm and of course it will have the normal wear and tear and nicks but it is still a beauty and an actual Jaeger arm.
Own a piece of the finest craftsman and gunsmoiths to have ever been in the USA.
Paul Jaeger of Jennkinstown, PA.
7mm. Its been in the family safe since inhereited from a worl famous adventurer's museum, in the 60's. This is onw of the firearms made by Paul for Sasha Siemel. Sasha was one incredible man and this having been made for him gives this mauser one heck of a backstory.
Jaeger QD sling mounts.
I will offer this one very reasonably and possibly below its actual current value, due to a family emergency.
I will ask $2,075 with possible partial trade for HKs, quality ammo or possibly somenthing else nice. Gold and US Silver coins at spot values as well.
I will also entertain any and all reasonable and realistic offers.
If you know what this is, you will understand its unique value and want this in your collection.
I'm up in the mountains but this one is worth the drive. Besides, my 7 point bull elk may be in the yard when you arrive.
Reasonable offers welcomed.
**The HKs and bags in the images do not come with** Only the Jaeger Mauser

Transfer by all Laws. Colorado FFL to FFL unless C&R license allows otherwise.
Buyer pays all transfer fees and CBI if required.
Shipping & insurance available. Only FFL to verified FFL at buyers expense.
Funds must be cash or as otherwise liseted above.
Out of state sales would require U.S. Postal Money orders and Express mail with Lawful transfer process.

Let's start with the pictures. This is a "custom" 7mm mauser. I don't know this Paul guy, but he looks like he knows what he's doing with a dremel and a blueing tank. Good for him. 

First, we have the pictures. Obviously, the best way to showcase this beautiful custom piece is on top of a tacti-cool man-purse next to not one but two ugly German pistols. Secondly, nice watermarks that are completely covered by the Armslist watermarks. 

Next, the ad itself. If you can possibly look past all of the typos (Gunsmoiths, heh heh heh), He claims that these guns have sold for $100k. 

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/57/412/engraved-paul-jaeger-mauser-98-bolt-action-rifle-with-scope

A quick look at RIA says that might not be true. 

Other promises this ad brings, "one heck of a backstory", a "7 point bull elk", and "Its (sic) been in the family safe since inhereited (sic) from a worl (sic) famous adventurer's museum, (sic) in the 60's."

But it's up in Fort Collins, so @Ulric needs to go check this out.

1 hour ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

On its surface, this ad isn't nearly as offensive as the others I've posted. But let's pick it apart. 

https://www.armslist.com/posts/6100713/fort-collins-colorado-rifles-for-sale--rare--paul-jaeger--customized-mauser

$ 2,075

Let's start with the pictures. This is a "custom" 7mm mauser. I don't know this Paul guy, but he looks like he knows what he's doing with a dremel and a blueing tank. Good for him. 

First, we have the pictures. Obviously, the best way to showcase this beautiful custom piece is on top of a tacti-cool man-purse next to not one but two ugly German pistols. Secondly, nice watermarks that are completely covered by the Armslist watermarks. 

Next, the ad itself. If you can possibly look past all of the typos (Gunsmoiths, heh heh heh), He claims that these guns have sold for $100k. 

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/57/412/engraved-paul-jaeger-mauser-98-bolt-action-rifle-with-scope

A quick look at RIA says that might not be true. 

Other promises this ad brings, "one heck of a backstory", a "7 point bull elk", and "Its (sic) been in the family safe since inhereited (sic) from a worl (sic) famous adventurer's museum, (sic) in the 60's."

But it's up in Fort Collins, so @Ulric needs to go check this out.

I'm currently looking at the Holland & Holland website at their inventory of Used rifles in their London and Dallas store.

https://www.hollandandholland.com/guns/#+gun-type-bolt-action-rifle+condition-preowned

There are a variety of calibers and models which range from $13,000 dollars to L32,000 pounds. The price isn't listed online for the new rifles because if "Sir has to ask, Sir cannot afford". If I'm dropping a hundred grand on a rifle, it's going to be sold by some snooty Brit who went to Eton and it will be specifically crafted and measured to my body type (i.e. monkey-armed fish picker).

12 hours ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

$ 2,075

FWIW: Paul Jaeger has something of a cult following among custom rifle collectors.

http://www.germanhuntingguns.com/archives/archive-jaeger-paul/