Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

33 minutes ago, LostCosmonaut said:

The M17 and M18 sound pretty bad; http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/18047/armys-new-pistols-often-eject-live-rounds-and-dont-work-well-with-regular-bullets

Having trouble thinking of a plausible mechanism for that failure mode (ejecting a live round with the spent case)

Bad magazine feed lips.

2 hours ago, LostCosmonaut said:

The M17 and M18 sound pretty bad; http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/18047/armys-new-pistols-often-eject-live-rounds-and-dont-work-well-with-regular-bullets

Having trouble thinking of a plausible mechanism for that failure mode (ejecting a live round with the spent case)

Here is the original report.

The only other reference I could find to double ejecting in pistols is people accidentally using .40 magazines to feed 9mm ammo into a 9mm handgun.  So it does sound like excessively splayed feed lips can cause this problem.

I would like to see slow-motion of it happening though.  I can't quite wrap my head around what's going on that would cause that.

2 hours ago, LostCosmonaut said:

Not a single mention of how the majority of stoppages were caused by people holding the slide release causing it to not hold open after the last round.

1 hour ago, Sturgeon said:

But Meplat told me Ulrich Zedrosser was right?!

Or does this just prove everyone can get a single fuckup on their record?

*Remembers that Zedrosser helped design the first "Scout" pattern rifle while working with Steyr at the request of Jeff Cooper......*

Wait, FUCK.

So B&T are expanding the usw concept to include a stocked polymer frame for the sig mhs pistol.

It's peculiar that they are doing it without the fixes optic mount. I had the chance to talk to an aimpoint engineer last year and I (foolishly perhaps) expressed my scepticism towards the usw, for which aimpoint developed a special micro red dot.

Does anyone know what kind of sales the usw have made? It wouldn't surprise me if this new product sells better than the original, not least because of the price.

#Russia|n SSO officer in #Syira armed with #Steyr SSG 08 and holstered #Yarygin  (6P35) sidearm, standing next to a tripod mounted Hensoldt (ex-Zeiss)  x20-60 spotting scope. Note helmet mounted GoPro HERO5 and Petzl Strix w/ visible & IR light modes.

DU9ZGBpX4AAw_eh.jpg

Promo shot for MVS gear. Note a heavily customised AK-105 with 1P87 sight and what looks like the latest(?) iteration of a 5.45x39 60-round mag. Also note 
RMB-93 shotgun in the background.

DU9jF6LX4AAwfzL.jpg:large

Also looks like 45 round mags from RPK in his mag pouches.

As reported by the Belarusian web resource 42.TUT.BY, on January 31, 2018 the meeting of the board of the State Military-Industrial Committee of Belarus was held in Minsk. Although the event itself took place behind closed doors, a small exhibition of novelties of the Belarusian military industrial complex was organized for journalists. 42.TUT.BY selected the most interesting samples demonstrated at the event.

gosvoenprom_010212018_tutby_brush_phsl_-2782

gosvoenprom_010212018_tutby_brush_phsl_-2760

14 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

#Russia|n SSO officer in #Syira armed with #Steyr SSG 08 and holstered #Yarygin  (6P35) sidearm, standing next to a tripod mounted Hensoldt (ex-Zeiss)  x20-60 spotting scope. Note helmet mounted GoPro HERO5 and Petzl Strix w/ visible & IR light modes.

Thank you for the interesting photo. It's nice to realize that Russian military officers finally appreciated the Austrian weapon. Do you happen to know by any chance that Steyr's rifles are officially in service with the Russian army? Thank you.

On 04.02.2018 at 3:45 AM, Hisname said:

Thank you for the interesting photo. It's nice to realize that Russian military officers finally appreciated the Austrian weapon. Do you happen to know by any chance that Steyr's rifles are officially in service with the Russian army? Thank you.

I don't think there is any foreign-manufactured small arms that are adopted by Army. SFs use plenty of different weapons, including Glocks, AR-15-based, a lot of AI sniper rifles and so on..