Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

not yet, I was going to today but I got caught up doing things for once, why do things have to happens anyway?

But, I really need to look at grips, the size is fine, but the gripping itself feels like cheese graters on my hands.

The autobolt, because AR-15 and SR-25 based rifles simply cannot be THAT accurate.....

For practical purposes, the crossover point where bolt actions can be made more accurate than certain semi-autos is in the bench rest realm, where the rifles simply become silly and impractical for any other purpose anyways.

I've had AR-15's that could print rather impressive groups without even hand-loading ammunition for them; somewhere in the realm of 0.15-0.25 MOA.

The whole gun recoils, more or less.  It's more precise because the optics are attached to the barrel.

This Isn't nearly good enough, I won't be pleased until the gun, the shooter, and the entire 30 square feet surrounding him all recoil.

Also, copy pasting from other small arms thread because I'm genuinely curious to this.

"So yeah, went to buy ammo for new G22 Gen4, only to be saddened by the fact the ammo store I go to was out of Buffalo Bore for the caliber (also known as John Browning's tears ammunition), and aside from "whatever FMJ target ammo is on sale that day", I usually don't buy anything else.

So, I bought Golden Sabers, but I noticed something I've never seen from Remington next to it called ultimate defense, upon unboxing it, it..... looked basically identical to Golden Sabers and had identical listed performance, but were quite a bit cheaper. I bought the sabers anyway as I've actually used them before, but, not finding much on Remington's website or googling as to what the [edited]the difference is supposed to be, I'm starting to wonder if I got duped into buying an "older", more reputable product for more and Ultimate Defense rounds exist simply for the reason of making Golden Sabers look better when you see them next to each other and they cost more, or maybe vice versa.

Either way, is there literally any difference at all aside from packaging and price?"

I guess one note is, I'm guessing the Golden Sabers may be better suited for compacts or at least tested in them, as I actually had them chronoed at the muzzle when firing them today because I like to test things, and consistently got 50-75 fps above the box listed fps. Would be refreshing if they didn't rig their test results with unfeasibly long barrel lengths and cherry picked numbers.

I've never really fired any Buffalo Bore products, although I know folks rave about them. I generally just go with Federal HydroShok for my carry piece although I have a hodgepodge of ammo for it for my "tactical" reloads. And by "tactical" I mean, it's basically whatever I have stashed in the various different places I hold or carry extra ammo.

Nah, .32 Long and .32 ACP are the smallest rounds they load.

....Well, if you want to be really technical, they also load match grade .223 Boat tail JHP and polymer tip rounds for various barrel twist rates, but something tells me you'd have trouble fitting .223 Remington in a .22 LR magazine for some reason.

It's just an unrealistic expectation of what handguns are for and what they're meant to do and what they can do. In my mind, they're like wearing a Personal Flotation Device when working on a boat. They'll keep you afloat for a little while but you'll have to be either rescued at some point or swim to shore.