Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

So I completed my ultralight AR15 build. I could shave off a half pound but it would cost me quite a bit (titanium BCG, buffer, receiver extension, misc other small things).

Parts:

Rock River lower with their two-stage trigger

A2 grip (was the lightest option I had, it formerly had a magpul)

MFT minimalist stock

Random endplate with sling loop

Standard Colt M16 BCG

AERO precision upper without forward assist

14.7" pencil barrel with pinned gemtech suppressor adapter

Aero precision lightweight mlok handguard

Holosun optic

Shot it this weekend with no problems at all. Gun works and shoots great, and my goal was to have a rifle under 6 pounds I could actually use for stuff.

rcXEZR4.jpg

epvQHTO.jpg

Bone stock 6920 for comparison (with issue nylon silent sling)

qfPQ95U.jpg

1 hour ago, Pascal said:

I have seen only a pushback, that was only directed to the idea "many .50 bad", many didn't have a problem there with the focus on speed, altitude, evasion.

But making a B-29 from a B-17 is like removing the 37mm gun turret from a M3 Lee and name it M4, needs more than that and most important time.

How much would an B-17 win in altitude, speed without the defensive armament?

(I stop here, very off-topic.)

The point is that the B-17 needed to be replaced with something higher performance, but casualties still would have been less with faster, higher-flying B-17 variants.

Mexican police killed 4 militants of the CJNG cartel in the south of Veracruz. The police noticed a gangster moving around the city in a military plate carrier. He was under surveillance and he brought the police to the shelter of the cartel. A large number of weapons, helmets and other equipment were found.

gila74C.jpg

The Modification of MAS-36 rifles in #Idlib is fascinating. 

This modernised gun has a replacement MG barrel (Likely 7.62x51), new aluminium furniture & stock, AR-15 grip, as well as what may be 3D printed parts. These rifles are reportedly very accurate- this is suppressed too.

D27GKYhWoAEfhI3.jpg

Yet another victim of the merciless modification of the huge amount of unneeded French MAS-36 rifles in Syria.
Now a WW2-era bolt-action rifle has become a pistol. Moreover, it seems that it uses 7,62x51 ammo, but not the original 7.5x54 due to its rarity.

D27CS2pWwAExTSm.jpg

Spoiler

D27CS2wWsAYmsY6.jpg

Lazarev's video on MP9. Not much, some video of shooting. 800-1000 RPM, used by French president security service, pretty good standart kit (aimpoint and suppressor). Very big amount of smoke in shooter face is spewed by gun during firing with suppressor, especially in full auto. Suppressor is mounted on special device, which is not directly connected to a barrel. Have some problems with durability of charging handle. During studio recording weapon is airsoft version, real one is only in parts of video on shooting range.

So as featured above you can see I got a wild hair and decided to build a light (sub 6 pound) AR variant. It worked. Weighed it today again:

bnkdTTZ.jpg

So then I remembered my old (1980s) Colt AR15a2 carbine w/ 2 position stock and all that.

9HWLC2k.jpg

I weighed it with sling attached:

ELCE93c.jpg

CAR15 wins by a fucking lot. FML.

1 hour ago, Alex C. said:

So as featured above you can see I got a wild hair and decided to build a light (sub 6 pound) AR variant. It worked. Weighed it today again:

bnkdTTZ.jpg

So then I remembered my old (1980s) Colt AR15a2 carbine w/ 2 position stock and all that.

9HWLC2k.jpg

ELCE93c.jpg

Remind me to show you a picture of my lightweight build.

6 hours ago, Alex C. said:

bnkdTTZ.jpg

9HWLC2k.jpg

ELCE93c.jpg

Stop! I can't take it! I already want a Troy GAU-5/A/A so bad! You can't do this to me!

7 hours ago, Hisname said:

ВП - Военная Полиция - Military police with a sniper rifle)) This is original)

And there is a photo where he is with a grenade launcher?))

Well, it is not MP, so they probably have something in their MRAPs.