Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's all take a trip back to the late 1970s and early 1980s.  This was the time of punk.  This was the time of despair.   Punk was all about minimalism; strip everything down to a few chords, wear

Stechkin's Abakan (TKB-0146). https://www.kalashnikov.ru/abakan-stechkina-avtomat-stechkina-tkb-0146/        Bullpup, system of "recoil impulse shifted in time", 2-stage

So what, my 5.56 rounds are groundbreaking too if I shoot the dirt.

PSS-2. New more powerfull catridge was developed to hit protected targets, for it new gun was made. Level 2 (IDK by which standarts) bodyarmor at 25 meterx max range, noiseless.

Based on SR-1 Gurza, 2 safeties (grip and on the trigger), single stack mag with automatic chambering of round when new magazine is inserted. Accepted for service.

On 11/4/2020 at 2:41 AM, Vicious_CB said:

The programmatics speak is so bad the presenters have a hard time reading it out loud. 

It feels like a speach developed to make so other countries special services couldn't understand it, lol.

RPK-16 drum mag, according to Razvedos it is not good. Not only it have usual problems for high-capacity drum mags (this one is 95 rounds, BTW) such as weight and size, but it is also unreliable if not frequently services and so fragile (Razvedos opens it at 4:20 and shows 4 out of 16 "leafs" being welded back after they broke) that normal use breaks that thing.

3 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

RPK-16 drum mag, according to Razvedos it is not good. Not only it have usual problems for high-capacity drum mags (this one is 95 rounds, BTW) such as weight and size, but it is also unreliable if not frequently services and so fragile (Razvedos opens it at 4:20 and shows 4 out of 16 "leafs" being welded back after they broke) that normal use breaks that thing.

This squares with what my little birds had been telling me. The 95 round drum was a disaster and led to the demise of the entire RPK-16, basically.

• 3 weeks later...

Manufacturing enterprise LLC "Promtechnology", which produces weapons under the ORSIS brand, in the Moscow region.

Photo: Evgeny Odinokov

Some of production capabilities of company that makes ORSIS sniper rifles. Obviously, no Russian made equipment or software.

Spoiler