Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

I found it to be rather loud and with an excessive muzzle flash. I agree, it might just be a pricey range toy. Minister of Finance will likely not sign off on another firearms purchase this year. 

Despite what seems to be the popular opinion I've noticed here, I rather like the XD .40 I have for daily carry. 

I did not think the blast was bad at all, but I've been shooting Cz52's and other 7,62X25mm pistols for a while. Miniature "fire rings" from hot Soviet or Czech SMG ball were the norm for a time.

The mag capacity was semi-attractive, again, I have a decent high-cap 9X19 for that though.

I just find the XD line to be a bit blocky.  If I want "blocky" I have a P-38. Otherwise I just have no real interest in them.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/08/14/shooting-down-drones-dan-bilzerian-style/

I hope that this kind of content will not be seen on TFB from this time. THat guy is really unpleasant and video is distasteful.

TITS&BUTTS

UGH

Such a douche, and the girls shot better than he did.

So here is a story idea I bequeath upon Sturgeon.

Elvis Owned An M-16!

http://www.thestranger.com/music/feature/2015/08/12/22681092/elvis-owned-an-m-16

The Stranger is Seattle's other Alt Paper and did a comic commemorating Elvis' death with different fun factoids including the fact that The King had a fully automatic M-16, a Thompson sub-machine gun and "an assassin rifle" with a detachable scope and magazine. He also toted around a derringer and a .41 Magnum revolver.

Your mission...

I want a story on Elvis and his M-16. Preferably with photos!

On an actual firearms related note, I had the chance to put a few rounds down range with a FN 5.7 and I am still on the fence about it. Anyone have any thoughts, pro or con, about it? 

Im surprised their marketing slogan wasn't "Just when you think the Glock is the most tasteless sidearm" 

He is 34 and worth $150 million dollars. He doesn't really need to accomplish anything I suppose.

He has/plays with some pretty decent hardware too:

Meh, I'd rather watch that Russian who owns their gas company melt a .50" Browning barrel again.

At least the mound of brass and the crispy barrel was amusing.