Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The Small Arms Thread, Part 8: 2018; ICSR to be replaced by US Army with interim 15mm Revolver Cannon.

Khand-e

So, from MAC videos about CZ Bren 805 pistol i can say that:

1) This pistol is too heavy for a SMG/Pistol

2) Maintenance is harder to do with this Bren because of bolt/carrier design

3) It have no heat protection for hands and heats quickly, making it hard to hold right

4) Reciprocating charging handle does not improve ergonomics

5) It cost plenty, without offering anything new or usefull over others SMG/Pistols, while being more expensive.

Who will buy this gun anyway? 

What is that rail system for AK?

Photos%2Bof%2BSaudi%2Btroops%2Bat%2BAden

Well, gee, at first I was sure that was an RS Regulate mount, but it's not.

A Garand with a little switch:

garandselectfire_zpsjz08vrai.jpg

garandselectfire2_zpsr7jtlebg.jpg

I've seen those photos before. Not even Canfield knows what that rifle is. It was some one-off experimental with a fun switch and a funky stock.

I've seen those photos before. Not even Canfield knows what that rifle is. It was some one-off experimental with a fun switch and a funky stock.

If you look closely, you can see that they cut the butt off of a second stock and flipped it over to splice it all together at the wrist.

It was clearly an experiment to test the utility of an in-line stock without resorting to a vertical pistol grip.

M14 converted to .223:

K3usPmU.jpg

zXdcm5V.jpg

Also it turns out Dr. Carten was a Gerpersherr fanboy which makes him even more hilarious.

Yes, after 1953 when Studler retired, all of Ordnance's design chops leaked out and they kept trying to think of ways to save money by half-assing rifle projects.

When it became obvious that this was a permanent condition, Ordnance and then Springfield Armory were shut down and Army R&D reorganized.

So yeah, mini post on the QBZ-03 or, why does this rifle exist?

First, differences between the QBZ-03 and QBZ-95A which was made around the same time the more notable QBZ-95 was made, most people don't even know it was a thing.

53qU2A7.png

And some random ass photos of troops in various units and branches carrying them despite it not really being issued.

9rzGtgN.jpg

OV5jUfK.jpg

8386d57bee16fd7dc95fa43e954a3d8e.png Before you ask, no I have no clue why he's hiding his face.

p1dPpn0.jpg The blue may indicate non firing parts.

3672f973e700cfc9f5a3c13ad1974335.png

a7a5a2dcf388536e8086b53963bddab5.pngSince Crashbot claimed soldiers will do anything to get out of cleaning or maintaining weapons, apparently they didn't try hard enough.

b424536ae1ef2ca70b2a67251ec5cfa5.png

fd8920ddb431863faf0684b23bd5186b.png

f015ce53327f27de11ed0015733044de.png

c85db78009e33c9a61ab0bb485f69379.png

a86c491777439bb8d3c7b53263202a1d.jpg

The conclusions I can draw from this are: .... I still have no idea what they were actually intending to do with this rifle, but I have a fuckload more photos of them being used in odd places.