Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

I'm kind of liking what I'm seeing out of the Trump/GOP tax plan.

So it will end state income tax deductions. And it will cap mortgage interest deductions now at $500,000

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-gop-tax-cuts-20171102-story.html

According to the LA Times it fucks over Californians.

Good.

GOOD.

In other words, this tax plan will raise taxes on rich, white liberals who own mcmansions, living in Blue States who voted for Hillary and who want the federal government to tax and spend more. Now they just get to foot the bill.

Now I'm somewhat pessimistic about the corporate tax rates being lowered, Not that I'm opposed to business, I'm not, I'm just nervous about corporations like Apple and Google and Tesla and GE and what not which are basically run by Democrat donors being able to take home more money. If I had my druthers, their assets would be seized and used to pay off the national debt but unfortunately there's that whole thing about Bills of Attainder in the US Constitution...

Jesus Christ the Democratic Party was ran horribly:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

That wasn’t true, he said. Officials from Hillary’s campaign had taken a look at the DNC’s books. Obama left the party $24 million in debt—$15 million in bank debt and more than $8 million owed to vendors after the 2012 campaign

17 minutes ago, T___A said:

Jesus Christ the Democratic Party was ran horribly:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/11/02/clinton-brazile-hacks-2016-215774

No surprise there, the democrats pretty much fuck up everything they end up running, all you have to do is look at California for evidence.

16 hours ago, LostCosmonaut said:

It gets rid of the tax credit for paying interest on student loans, which pisses me off (and is also bad for people with a lot of loan debt in general).

This one has to be a bargaining chip. It's a pretty bad idea. "Hey you, paying off your loan, get fucked."

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:34 PM, Sturgeon said:

Mate, y'ever even been here?

Yes, loved it too.....Have close friends in a few states, my cousin is in Austin (actually no, IIRC he's in Edinburgh right now, but when he goes 'home' it'll be Austin).

To be utterly candid (and I hope not impolite) it's the change from what I remember that underlies my comment.  9/11 really fucked you guys up.

2 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Yes, loved it too.....Have close friends in a few states, my cousin is in Austin (actually no, IIRC he's in Edinburgh right now, but when he goes 'home' it'll be Austin).

To be utterly candid (and I hope not impolite) it's the change from what I remember that underlies my comment.  9/11 really fucked you guys up.

Well Cromwell fucked you guys up too, but you don't see me telling you folks what to do.

Just looked back to my original comment.....I was actually thinking more in terms of radical financial redistribution ie: making Wall Street give the money back, it's not like they earned it honestly is it?

You are right about Cromwell, he made a right mess in our cathedral:

CathedralRefectory.jpg

29 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Politicians must really have a love hate relationship with social media. 

Because they're bad at using it.  Trump is a leading indicator of the trend towards more social media savviness, but eventually someone will come up with an even more refined model.

In other news, thousands of Americans will scream at the sky because Trump.