Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

I love how before the election, the preponderance of the GOP Establishment pundits along with leftist organizations like the New York Times were certain that Trump was faking it with his stance on illegal immigration and that he'd sell out the issue the moment he had a chance.

I guess this news story puts the kibosh on that theory.

Vote For the Candidate Without a Penis 2018!!!

If I weren't a happily married man, I gotta admit, I'd be Hot for Attorney General. For a politician, she's kinda sexy.

Quote 1: "So when you're choosing Michigan's next Attorney General ask yourself this: Who can you trust most NOT to show you their penis in a professional setting?"

I like how this question is prefaced with "a professional setting". Are you trying to seduce me?

Quote 2: "I will NOT sexually harass my staff, and I won't tolerate it in your workplace either. I won't walk around in a half open bathrobe."

Of course not, you're not trashy like that. You'll keep the bathrobe on, wrapped tightly and demurely around your perfect body while we make polite small talk over champagne, until we get to that consensual moment when you let the bathrobe fall to the floor in one fluid motion.

Quote 3: "Yes. I'm a woman. And that's not a liability. That's an asset".

And what a fine asset you have Dana Nessel for Michigan Attorney General. You can't have my vote, but you won my heart.

@Walter_Sobchak You truly are blessed to be able to vote for this fine specimen of the female race. 

On 11/30/2017 at 12:52 AM, Donward said:

Vote For the Candidate Without a Penis 2018!!!

If I weren't a happily married man, I gotta admit, I'd be Hot for Attorney General. For a politician, she's kinda sexy.

Quote 1: "So when you're choosing Michigan's next Attorney General ask yourself this: Who can you trust most NOT to show you their penis in a professional setting?"

I like how this question is prefaced with "a professional setting". Are you trying to seduce me?

Quote 2: "I will NOT sexually harass my staff, and I won't tolerate it in your workplace either. I won't walk around in a half open bathrobe."

Of course not, you're not trashy like that. You'll keep the bathrobe on, wrapped tightly and demurely around your perfect body while we make polite small talk over champagne, until we get to that consensual moment when you let the bathrobe fall to the floor in one fluid motion.

Quote 3: "Yes. I'm a woman. And that's not a liability. That's an asset".

And what a fine asset you have Dana Nessel for Michigan Attorney General. You can't have my vote, but you won my heart.

@Walter_Sobchak You truly are blessed to be able to vote for this fine specimen of the female race. 

Oh my.  Who the fuck filmed that? It sounds like it was recorded with a cell phone.  And that fireplace background with the fucking gazelle statue is horrible.  Production values matter.

3 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Oh my.  Who the fuck filmed that? It sounds like it was recorded with a cell phone.  And that fireplace background with the fucking gazelle statue is horrible.  Production values matter.

Thank you Walt for reminding me of my one true love, nitpicking things going on in the background of videos.

Think of the Greenhouse emissions from that fire!!!

Also someone bit it on that fireplace hearth there on the left by the gazelle; a whole chunk has been taken out of the stone.

1 hour ago, Belesarius said:

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/michael-flynn-expected-to-plead-guilty-to-lying-about-contact-with-russia

Rumor mill has it that he has flipped on the Trump administration.

A lot of rumor and jumping to conclusions. Not a lot of actual meat.

So basically he has admitted to lying to the FBI which is something we've known about now for months. Just like he lied to the Vice President. 

These are the actual charging documents. The NY Times link has the full 8 pages. I've posted the first two.  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/12/01/us/document-Flynn-FBI-Russia.html

1-991920b4d2.jpg

2-f12abf43a1.jpg

50 minutes ago, Ramlaen said:

"Sorry we lied, but now that this kerfluffle has passed and no one cares about it, we'll come clean so we can say we said sorry"

I mean I guess good on them for being the ones to admit it instead of someone else doing it for them, but this at least sounds to me like something that could have been corrected a lot sooner.

33 minutes ago, ApplesauceBandit said:

"Sorry we lied, but now that this kerfluffle has passed and no one cares about it, we'll come clean so we can say we said sorry"

I mean I guess good on them for being the ones to admit it instead of someone else doing it for them, but this at least sounds to me like something that could have been corrected a lot sooner.

Or, you know, gotten right the first time, but that is asking too much. It was also never the intention to begin with. There is no punishment for journalists who originally lie to people, so long as they issue a correction. That really needs to be changed.

13 hours ago, Ulric said:

Or, you know, gotten right the first time, but that is asking too much. It was also never the intention to begin with. There is no punishment for journalists who originally lie to people, so long as they issue a correction. That really needs to be changed.

As something close to a journalist myself... Uh. No?

But I agree they were being lazy and irresponsible.

Brian Ross. You have brought shame upon the great name of ABC. As punishment, you won't work over the holiday season for the next four weeks. While you're sipping mixed drinks in Cancun, I hope you take time to reflect on the damage you've done.