Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

3 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

That's what happens when Democrats get desperate and lie.

you don't get to take the high road.  

Once you all threw in with Trump, normal rules go out the window.  Every tactic is allowed.  You all support a man of such obvious low character and bad motives because it furthers an agenda you favor.  Don't complain when the people who disagree with you start to utilize every tactic available. 

13 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Once you all threw in with Trump, normal rules go out the window.  Every tactic is allowed.  You all support a man of such obvious low character and bad motives because it furthers an agenda you favor.  Don't complain when the people who disagree with you start to utilize every tactic available. 

If Trump making fun of people's hair in the 2016 election is your threshold for supporting "no holds barred politics" up to and including orchestrating multiple false sexual assault accusations against an honest man, then maybe you should re-evaluate some things. And you accuse us of whataboutism, sheesh.

The simple fact is that the Left is desperate. They lost ridiculously hard in 2016. They will justify literally anything if they think it will allow them to win. And right now, they are showing just how little of a moral framework they have relative to the Republicans, because we didn't see anything like this from 2008-2010.

13 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Wow, so Walt is a true Democrat, lying, cheating the system, smearing a good man with no evidence, straight up making shit up, all to Oppose Trumps supreme Court pick, who by all reasonable accounts is a good man, is ok with him.  No wonder he doesn't care about the FBI and DOJ going corrupt to get rid of Trump. But Trump supporters like us have bad character. 

Classy dude. 

32 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

You are a clown if you think your dislike for Trump justifies this shitshow.

Look, @Walter_Sobchak, I get that you're one of very few lefties here. I get that most of us are pretty damn right-wing, and you probably feel outnumbered all the time. It can be an oppressive environment, I understand that. At the same time, I have tried very hard to make sure you and the other left-leaning posters here have a place to speak your mind and disagree. I'm not ever going to ban or censor you for that. Likewise, I can't do that to the right-wing majority, either, no matter how much nicer it would be for you. That's the best compromise I can strike. Everybody gets to say what they want. That's just how it is.

I think both Jeeps and I feel like what you said was quite a bit beyond the pale, though. Accusing us of being as bad as... that, because we're, what, right-wing? I don't even support Trump, I didn't vote for him nor have I ever given him a dime. He and I share common political enemies, that's basically it. We might appreciate an apology, is what I'm saying.

11 minutes ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Keep on dancing.  

Attacking our character over your hate for Trump is classy dude, and uncalled for. We don't call your integrity out because of your politics, and in fact, have gone out of the way to be respectful of you your views.  You act like as asshole in return. 

I thought you were better than that. 

It's really starting to look like I was wrong and you are a regular Democrat. 

1 hour ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

Does that include assassination attempts on republican lawmakers? Just curious.

Edit: BTW, that is not a rhetorical question, I seriously want to know what you think about that.

27 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

Holy Christ we have entered bizarro world when I have at least partially agreed with Piers Morgan not once, but twice in as many years. The first time was when he ripped Hollywood celebs apart when they pretended to be the most persecuted people America during some self aggrandizing masturbatory award show they hold for themselves. I guess he isn't completely disconnected from reality.

Considering one of the prime issues of the 2016 election was Supreme Court picks, and considering that Trump has been fulfilling a campaign promise by choosing nominees from a list of candidates that he made public prior to the election; it seems yet again to be a rather blatant attempt by the Democrats to thwart the will of the American voter yet again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_Supreme_Court_candidates#Possible_nominees

I'm not even fucking right wing. Up until about a year ago I was pretty solidly voting democrat. But holy fuck am I becoming disgusted on a visceral level at the left.

Trump being a braggadocious showman is not the same as this crucible shit. The only side I'm consistently (and word for word in cases) hearing "there are no bad tactics, just bad targets" is the left. 

Jesus fucking Christ, "you guys elected a smug jerk so burying every political figure we can under spurious to downright ridiculous claims is just fair". What a farce.