Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Post Election Thread: Democracy Dies In Darkness And You Can Help

T___A

1 hour ago, Oedipus Wreckx-n-Effect said:

Perjury would have been the cleanest method here. If the left could have caught him on any tiny perjury count, they would block the nomination. The right could stick a finger to Trump safely. And everything would have been fine. 

But they couldn't even make that stick. So they went for an emotional attack. 

On all levels except physical, the Democrats are retarded.

*Spergs*

th?id=OIP.bHIzlVxaUX5zyoYBpC6uRQHaIV%26p

But muh blue wave!!!

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/410169-liberal-group-cuts-support-for-dems-manchin-bredesen-over-kavanaugh

MoveOn, a progressive outside group, said on Friday that it is cutting support for Democrats in two key Senate races because they are supporting Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. 

"We're cancelling a planned six-figure digital video ad expenditure for Phil Bredesen in Tennessee due to his Kavanaugh position," the group said in a tweet. 

They added that "similarly [we] will be pulling all planned campaigning on behalf of Joe Manchin in West Virginia if he votes yes. Kavanaugh is unfit for the Court."

So here's the biggest issue I have with the left over this whole supreme court shit.

If this guy did what they said, then the statute of limitations and the laws on the books (voted on by both democrats and republicans) would not necessarily bar him from doing his job. 

Suddenly, the left expects us and everyone in this country to suddenly grow a conscious along with them?

Where was this outpouring of moral fiber when, oh I don't know, Ted Kennedy was having interns killed off, or the DNC leaker guy get shot on the streets of DC? What about the pile of bodies the Clintons hacked up? 

People on the Right look at this whole debacle and all they see are crocodile tears. But they're now called rape deniers for it. Good job, Democrats. You've successfully done more harm to the #MeToo movement than any conservative shill on the planet.

And yes, I do think that Rape is really fucked up. Rape is worse than murder in my eyes because I can actually see myself murdering someone with justification. Under no circumstances could I imagine myself raping someone. None. 

But because I think this entire debacle is one big desperate last moves for the Democrats, I get labeled as a crazy rape-allowing chauvinist woman hater.

50-48, may the salt flow.

Kavenaugh is confirmed, time to crack a cold one for Kavenaugh.

rNDEPhv.png

The memes are flowing:

DM6wCPM.jpg

I don't know how the hell you fuck up as bad as the Democrats here. Not only did you lose the justice seat you almost certainly weren't getting anyway, but you screwed up your voter enthusiasm gap. You know, that enthusiasm you've been trying to maintain by keeping your base in hysterics for two years? You absolute fools. You incompetent dumbfucks. What the hell is wrong with you?

Also Feinstein you need to follow Hillary right on out the door if you want the Dems to have a chance in the future. What are you doing. Hiding this stupid allegation for months only to spring it late. You idiot.

4 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Awesome, back from the hike, and home to news of the Republicans great victory!

The funniest thing is that this shouldn't have been a "great victory" for the Republicans. It should have just been a matter of course that you can leverage with your already activated base. Instead they somehow turned the political high ground into their own fucking Cannae. Absolute morons. They weren't going to win this battle but they fought it anyway and did irreparable damage to themselves this midterm. 

8 minutes ago, Lostwingman said:

The funniest thing is that this shouldn't have been a "great victory" for the Republicans. It should have just been a matter of course that you can leverage with your already activated base. Instead they somehow turned the political high ground into their own fucking Cannae. Absolute morons. They weren't going to win this battle but they fought it anyway and did irreparable damage to themselves this midterm. 

Yep, so fuckin dumb, I think they were afraid to back down, their own supports would have been protesting in their offices. 

7 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Yep, so fuckin dumb, I think they were afraid to back down, their own supports would have been protesting in their offices. 

It was better than ensuring that the Republicans go out to the polls. Also my fucking sides are in orbit:

6DjPOQ7.jpg