Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2016 Presidential Election Thread Archive

Tied

Larry Corriea weighs in on last nights results FWIW:

1947492_768089253202006_1951583108_n.jpg

Well, we're boned. It's going to be huckster fraud democrat against lying criminal democrat.

Half the GOP hates the jackass. Question now is what percentage of us stay home or make a 3rd party protest vote. All those crossover democrats who voted for that orange half wit in the primaries will go back to voting democrat in the general election. He thinks young Bernie voters are going to vote for him? Fool.

I've voted republican in every election of my adult life. I've volunt...eered and donated money. I can't in good conscience vote for this vile populist demagogue. If even a few percentage points of the GOP feels the same way, that's it. He's toast in the general.

So he energizes the democrats, so they'll feel like they are fighting tyranny (now comes the great part where all the fawning media coverage turns on him) and he demotivates the republican base.

All the kid glove BS from this season is over. Every vile nasty stupid thing he has ever done will be covered 24/7. By November he will be the most laughed at and despised candidate in history. Because he makes it too easy.

So the classless boor probably loses to the sea hag. Not that it matters too much, since they'd both govern as authoritarian democrats, only one has more nationalist rah rah thrown in.

Spare me the nonsense about lesser evils and SCOTUS judges. He won't make it that far. And by some miracle, like Hillary has a stroke, this rambling ignoramus wins, he would still screw that up somehow in his one term. Big question is does he suck enough to take the GOP with him?

And if you think he is going to actually build a wall, you are a sucker.

Did I love Cruz? No. Because I was hiring an employee, not a god. He was the least likely to rape the Constitution. Instead we get an authoritarian, who is either lying, or made it to 70 before understanding basic American principles about liberty.

You ignorant low information bastards. Motivated by fear and anger, you overlooked every gain made over the last few cycles, and traded it in to a lying huckster democrat for some magic beans. So you could stick it to the establishment, by electing the shit bird who funded them.

Edit to add, don't bother posting to argue. We are past that. Now we batten down the hatches and get ready for the suck. If you want to gloat, you are an idiot who doesn't realize what you have wrought. If you feel disrespected, good. You should.

Well, we're boned. It's going to be huckster fraud democrat against lying criminal democrat.

Half the GOP hates the jackass. Question now is what percentage of us stay home or make a 3rd party protest vote. All those crossover democrats who voted for that orange half wit in the primaries will go back to voting democrat in the general election. He thinks young Bernie voters are going to vote for him? Fool.

I've voted republican in every election of my adult life. I've volunt...eered and donated money. I can't in good conscience vote for this vile populist demagogue. If even a few percentage points of the GOP feels the same way, that's it. He's toast in the general.

So he energizes the democrats, so they'll feel like they are fighting tyranny (now comes the great part where all the fawning media coverage turns on him) and he demotivates the republican base.

All the kid glove BS from this season is over. Every vile nasty stupid thing he has ever done will be covered 24/7. By November he will be the most laughed at and despised candidate in history. Because he makes it too easy.

So the classless boor probably loses to the sea hag. Not that it matters too much, since they'd both govern as authoritarian democrats, only one has more nationalist rah rah thrown in.

Spare me the nonsense about lesser evils and SCOTUS judges. He won't make it that far. And by some miracle, like Hillary has a stroke, this rambling ignoramus wins, he would still screw that up somehow in his one term. Big question is does he suck enough to take the GOP with him?

Did I love Cruz? No. Because I was hiring an employee, not a god. He was the least likely to rape the Constitution. Instead we get an authoritarian, who is either lying, or made it to 70 before understanding basic American principles about liberty.

You ignorant low information bastards. Motivated by fear and anger, you overlooked every gain made over the last few cycles, and traded it in to a lying huckster democrat for some magic beans. So you could stick it to the establishment, by electing the shit bird who funded them.

Edit to add, don't bother posting to argue. We are past that. Now we batten down the hatches and get ready for the suck. If you want to gloat, you are an idiot who doesn't realize what you have wrought. If you feel disrespected, good. You should.

Does he still have his Romney/Ryan bumpersticker on his vehicle?

I'm kind of digging the #NEVERTRUMP Republicans who are vowing to vote Libertarian Party now not knowing that Libertarians are diametrically opposed to them on the military and foreign policy, LGBT issues, illegal immigration, drug legalization, social justice for victims of police violence and that Libertarians are hyper-critical of Israel. 

Larry Correia

8 hrs ·

Gee Larry, don't you LIKE Democracy?

Every election season, the Republicans who don't like their candidate blame it on the Democrats coming over and voting in their primaries.

Well, gosh, if all you Republicans get cucked so hard every year by Dems who set you up to lose, why do you keep voting R? Why does the Republican leadership keep allowing this?

Well, whatever the reasons, it can't possibly be that Donald Trump just appeals to Republican voters!

I'm kind of digging the #NEVERTRUMP Republicans who are vowing to vote Libertarian Party now not knowing that Libertarians are diametrically opposed to them on the military and foreign policy, LGBT issues, illegal immigration, drug legalization, social justice for victims of police violence and that Libertarians are hyper-critical of Israel. 

I think they'll take a liking to that creepy Austin Petersen guy.

I think they'll take a liking to that creepy Austin Petersen guy.

I've promised my Libertarian friends to watch the debate between Petersen, crazy anti-virus firewall guy and Johnson.

Gee Larry, don't you LIKE Democracy?

Every election season, the Republicans who don't like their candidate blame it on the Democrats coming over and voting in their primaries.

Well, gosh, if all you Republicans get cucked so hard every year by Dems who set you up to lose, why do you keep voting R? Why does the Republican leadership keep allowing this?

Well, whatever the reasons, it can't possibly be that Donald Trump just appeals to Republican voters!

I used to work for a GOP congressman in a very small way. The number of current and former staffers on his team who are Democrats or - at best - the squishiest of RINOs would be shocking to any Conservative voting for him.

I've promised my Libertarian friends to watch the debate between Petersen, crazy anti-virus firewall guy and Johnson.

I've just read the commentary and it all centers around Nazi cakes. Crazy anti-virus firewall guy seems decent, but being a murder suspect really makes him the perfect libertarian candidate.  

I've just read the commentary and it all centers around Nazi cakes. Crazy anti-virus firewall guy seems decent, but being a murder suspect really makes him the perfect libertarian candidate.  

Yeah. I'm not looking forward to the experience. But I am chuckling at all of the Cruz people who went into histrionics when Trump said he'd be a "neutral" honest broker in any deal made between Palestine and Israel, and yet now these same people are vowing to join a party that is half-filled with Holocaust deniers and who think Joos are running the International banking system. 

I used to work for a GOP congressman in a very small way. The number of current and former staffers on his team who are Democrats or - at best - the squishiest of RINOs would be shocking to any Conservative voting for him.

I'm not saying things like that don't happen, I'm wondering why - if that's why Trump got nominated and not because he just appeals to right-wing voters - do people put up with that in the GOP? You'd think they'd have more luck registering D and getting someone like Webb nominated.

Of course, Larry also blames "ignorant low information voters", as if there's any other kind that matters. Yes, dude, that's what democracy means.

I'm not saying things like that don't happen, I'm wondering why - if that's why Trump got nominated and not because he just appeals to right-wing voters - do people put up with that in the GOP? You'd think they'd have more luck registering D and getting someone like Webb nominated.

Of course, Larry also blames "ignorant low information voters", as if there's any other kind that matters. Yes, dude, that's what democracy means.

It's bizarre. For thirty years we've had this romantic notion about Ronald Reagan and how he galvanized the "Reagan Democrat", union and blue collar workers into this massive and winning coalition. 

So...

We have a guy in Trump who is appealing to Democrats, union and blue collar workers and even minorities in addition to the normal coalition of Evangelical Christians, Conservatives and Tea Party types and has convinced them to vote for him in record primary numbers and OHMYGODTHEWORLDISGOINGTOEND#NEVERTRUMP#NEVERTRUMP#NEVERTRUMP!!!!11!!!1!!!

It's the "low information voter" but two days ago when Ted Cruz decided to debate snaggle-tooth redneck Trump guy, the Trump guy understood the number of delegates needed to win, was aware of the involvement of Goldman Sachs with the Ted Cruz campagin (they employ his wife) and Ted Cruz lost the debate. That's not "low information".

I think what is continually happening is Trump's opponents have a low opinion of Trump's supporters. So they think if they can just out-insult Trump that they can win. 

Right, and you're also seeing that Anti-Trump Republicans (ATRs) are predicting a massive loss for Trump in the general, based on... "The media will turn on him."

Um, what planet are they living on? The media has BEEN against Trump, and he's thrived on it. "But they have so many facts and evidence and stuff against him!" So? Since when has any of that mattered in an election? Since when has Trump cared that you could cite him saying something? He always just says "I never said that" and moves on. He's lying, but again, who cares? Your "low information voters" (i.e. normal people) don't.

I agree with Scott Adams on this (though not a whole lot else): a Trump v. Hillary election results in a landslide Trump victory.

Yep.

I like everyone making predictions when no one knows what will occur in the upcoming days, weeks and months. Trump can still lose this and he is facing an uphill battle. The difference is that his base of support and the negatives that are the floor he has to rise up from are fairly solid and consistent. Everything is up from here. And it's a combination of winning over voters while depressing the turnout of - presumably - Hillary supporters.