Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2016 Presidential Election Thread Archive

Tied

It's just that I've pretty much stopped participating in social media and even browsing imgur to look at a funny picture on the toilet, because so much of it is latching on to the anti-SJW train. Circle-jerks are bad enough as it is, but when it's in my face and these people, though they are the 98% majority believe that they are a minority under assault. I guess it's just a shortcut for some people to feel tough and validated that to be celebrated on the internet, you only need to be ideologically opposed to something.

Part of it is also likely that SJWs are a bunch of cunts for the most part, as well.

I mean, sure, the phenomenon you're talking about is likely present, but a lot of these people have also been through or are currently in college. And there's only so many times you can have a friend blackball you because you don't hold the right political beliefs before you start looking for a pattern.

That kind of behavior is very common today, and it has consequences.

The SJW thing is fucking retarded, too. It doesn't even mean anything anymore because now everyone who doesn't post "N*****" or "Faggot" (I don't know policy on the former, but I see the latter on here plenty) on 4chan ten times a day is an SJW who needs to be targeted like the rest. A few female Goons have been getting harassed on their video game channels lately despite saying literally nothing political on their channels or social media because they are "SJWs."

The SJW thing is fucking retarded, too. It doesn't even mean anything anymore because now everyone who doesn't post "N*****" or "Faggot" (I don't know policy on the former, but I see the latter on here plenty) on 4chan ten times a day is an SJW who needs to be targeted like the rest. A few female Goons have been getting harassed on their video game channels lately despite saying literally nothing political on their channels or social media because they are "SJWs."

Not to be combative here, but it sounds like you're assigning the views of the worst /pol/ denizens to everyone who doesn't like SJWs, while talking about a kind of safe-space organizer that I've literally never heard of until you brought them up.

Yes, /pol/ is a shithole full of unreasonable people who bandwagon endlessly on anything they consider to be "edgy" or contrarian. Yes, even without those people, most people who dislike SJWs are shitheads.

As someone who engages with a public audience daily, welcome to the new world, buddy. People are nasty and difficult to deal with. That doesn't mean that SJWs aren't a real thing, or that they're not a problem.

Although I'd actually characterize them more as a "symptom".

Also, most normal people outside of the megalopoleis have no problem saying "nigger" or "faggot", for the record. That censorship is something that's really only confined to the public discourse and college campuses, and the liberal coastal cities.

Not to be combative here, but it sounds like you're assigning the views of the worst /pol/ denizens to everyone who doesn't like SJWs, while talking about a kind of safe-space organizer that I've literally never heard of until you brought them up.

Yes, /pol/ is a shithole full of unreasonable people who bandwagon endlessly on anything they consider to be "edgy" or contrarian. Yes, even without those people, most people who dislike SJWs are shitheads.

As someone who engages with a public audience daily, welcome to the new world, buddy. People are nasty and difficult to deal with. That doesn't mean that SJWs aren't a real thing, or that they're not a problem.

Although I'd actually characterize them more as a "symptom".

To be fair, it's where most of the vitriol comes from, and I'm drawing a strawman like a terrible person. I'm mainly just annoyed at how pervasive the neo-reactionary thing has become, and how the irony of a bunch of people who spend all their free time enraged at how over-sensitive a few people are is not called on it. It's like when Tied would go on huge page-long tirades about how we're a bunch of over-sensitive pussies over some trivial disagreement with him.

To be fair, it's where most of the vitriol comes from, and I'm drawing a strawman like a terrible person. I'm mainly just annoyed at how pervasive the neo-reactionary thing has become, and how the irony of a bunch of people who spend all their free time enraged at how over-sensitive a few people are is not called on it. It's like when Tied would go on huge page-long tirades about how we're a bunch of over-sensitive pussies over some trivial disagreement with him.

I see that mostly as people being fed up with the PC train. It's been chugging along since the '90s (with a brief respite after 9/11). Yes, the cadre that pisses them off is rather small, but it also has had a lot of influence on their day to day lives. We're not talking about people suddenly getting butthurt about the Amish here; SJWs are a small minority, but they have some power, too. Especially in Europe, for example.

That doesn't mean normal people will make good decisions as a result of their dissatisfaction. Oh no. Remember, these are the people who take vacations to Las Vegas.

An actual funny Late Show bit despite Seth Myers trying to squash the punchline.

And again, another example of the media portraying Trump as a cad. But one who somehow consistently bests his opponents.

I'll just, ah, spoil this here punchline for ya.

Great, thanks.