Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2016 Presidential Election Thread Archive

Tied

Clinton supporters have been telling me for a few days that any visible support for Trump makes you a supporter of sex abuse. From a persuasion standpoint, that actually makes sense. If people see it that way, that’s the reality you have to deal with. I choose to not be part of that reality so I moved my endorsement to Gary Johnson.

I encourage all Clinton supporters to do the same, and for the same reason. I don’t know if any of the allegations against the Clinton’s are true, but since we are judging each other on associations, you don’t want to be seen as supporting sex abuse by putting an alleged duo of abusers (the perp and the clean-up crew) into office.

huehuehue

There was some consideration of the following item on teamspeak earlier today:

After Trump gets elected, the first thing he will need to do is round up all the Republicans who have done nothing but stab him in the back this election cycle, and send them to some sort of gulag in Alaska (Wyoming and New Jersey were suggested as alternatives).  But what will we call these gulags?  "Gulag" is already taken.

Suggestions so far:

-Trumps

-Summer Camp

-Chapter 11

-Trump University

-Trump Tower Recycling Division

-Elephant Pens

-The Circus

I have a friend who worked at a zoo who said that gibbons were some of the most challenging animals they dealt with.  Sure, plenty of animals are stronger (although gibbons are shockingly strong), and plenty of animals are just plain mean-tempered.  But that can be understood and to some degree predicted.

No, the problem with gibbons is that they're smart enough to realize that they're in a cage, and that all the people are on the outside, looking in on them with some mixture of pity, curiosity and contempt, and a gibbon is smart enough to resent that situation and always be looking for clever ways to escape it.

But after ten years, youtube commenters have never arrived at a similar realization.  I guess they're just all dumber than gibbons.

I am a half hour into the replay and Trump destroyed Clinton not just on style. (See the jail remark) But he is beating her on substance. Whoever coached Trump on that response of his about repealing ObamaCare and avoiding a single-payer health care scheme is good.

Get on TS and we can yuk about it.

Ok, this is just funny:

Amy R @reimamy @carrieffisher tell me something about that sniffle...coke head or no?
 Carrie Fisher @carrieffisher 2 hhace 2 horas@reimamy I'm an expert & ABSOLUTELY

That being said, I'd like Mech's opinion on Trumps sniffling issue.  Representative of a coke user or no?  I've heard a few different people with experience with cocaine speculating on it.