Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2016 Presidential Election Thread Archive

Tied

Have I mentioned how much I've come to fucking hate the Gary Johnson brand of Libertarianism? 

stalinhitlerlibertarians_zps5zbwk7ba.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/presidentgaryjohnson/photos/a.1534521983507133.1073741828.1534519560174042/1633094586983205/?type=3&theater

Because I've grown to really fucking hate the Gary Johnson brand of Libertarianism. 

Libertarians pick Belgium.

Here's another big thing dropped today.  ~350 page FBI report thingy on Hillary.

Also seems like they're going to try to do something with Assange very soon.  Last night, they cut off his internet connection in the embassy, while the wikileaks twitter posted a few file hashes labeled as Ecuador, John Kerry, and UK FCO.  Seeing as John Kerry was in London earlier that day, I think we can put 2 and 2 together.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/787889195507417088

Have I mentioned how much I've come to fucking hate the Gary Johnson brand of Libertarianism? 

stalinhitlerlibertarians_zps5zbwk7ba.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/presidentgaryjohnson/photos/a.1534521983507133.1073741828.1534519560174042/1633094586983205/?type=3&theater

Because I've grown to really fucking hate the Gary Johnson brand of Libertarianism. 

Just for the giggles a selection of the insanity so you don't have to click. Don and I have already suffered brain damage from reading.

Aidan CarkeekWell 6 million (Hitler) or 60 million (Stalin) dead. words I've never uttered before. "I'd choose Hitler"

Also Nazi uniforms look cool as hell and they make some fine fire Arms too

Trevor KopfHitler all day. If you set the holocaust aside he was a great leader with great military leaders. He lost the war when he started stepping over his generals.
Like · Reply · 9 mins

James BaumI choose Mao because he is the best at genocide. 45 million dead in 4 years?!? That's efficiency!
Like · Reply · 6 hrs

Ah yes. The whole "Stalin killed 60 million people" 'fact'.

I adore people who are so simpleminded that they will pick the lesser dictator just because a smaller number is associated with him.

I pick the greater dictator in the hopes that he will eliminate the lesser dictator and then not eliminate me for being counterrevolutionary.

Ah yes, counting the children that weren't be born because the parents didn't have children due to food shortage as the people that were killed.

It has been fascinating seeing the hypocrisy of the #NEVERTRUMPers who are more interested in protecting their own petty political fiefdoms than move the ball on any real political reform. 

And as someone who has been a reporter and had real death threats and been protested, I'm not impressed with their handwringing.

It has been fascinating seeing the hypocrisy of the #NEVERTRUMPers who are more interested in protecting their own petty political fiefdoms than move the ball on any real political reform. 

And as someone who has been a reporter and had real death threats and been protested, I'm not impressed with their handwringing.

What is a real death threat? How do you differentiate?  Is it different because it isn't you, but someone who disagrees with you receiving them?

Edit: To be very clear, I think making death threats is fucking abhorrent behavior.  I don't give a shit which side is making them.  If you excuse the behavior, I think you are a shitty person.  Clear?

What is a real death threat? How do you differentiate?  Is it different because it isn't you, but someone who disagrees with you receiving them?

Edit: To be very clear, I think making death threats is fucking abhorrent behavior.  I don't give a shit which side is making them.  If you excuse the behavior, I think you are a shitty person.  Clear?

I'm not condoning it. I'm saying there are cranks who call up and say any old thing. When I was working for my local Congressman, we lumped such phone calls into the CC folder (Crazy Constituent). Basically they are all talk. It is the equivalent of closing down a middle school because some stupid 7th grader doesn't want to take a test and calls in a bomb threat. 

This is opposed to people who will chase you down a forest service road because you had the audacity to take photos of their junk yard because the whack job claims he also owns all the adjoining federal land and said forest service road where - in the past - he brandished weapons at mountain bikers. I think I've told the story before, but I was in my 5.0 Mustang. Got the thing up to about 60 on the dirt road, kicking up a cloud of dust 200 feet wide. Then I said "Fuck it." and got pissed, whipped the car around in a bootlegger's turn and played chicken with the crazy bastard, running him off the road when he saw me coming hell bent for leather and he turned into a ditch.

It is a matter of perspective. 

When someone says "YOU SHOULD BE PUT IN FRONT OF A FIRING SQUAD AS A TRAITOR" that is generally a rhetorical statement. The guy - it's probably a guy - who said it is an asshole. But I highly doubt he is actually planning on taking the editorial board of the Arizona Republic, gathering together 6 to 8 riflemen, loading their weapons with one rifle only containing a blank and then formally ordering them to fire.

Then again, it is Arizona. And I've been assured there is a special kind of crazy in the Grand Canyon State.

Again Bela. It is stupid. You don't and won't see me defending them. On the other hand I don't get too riled up either. It's the old "I'm gonna kick your ass" threat which is all talk.

And - given the highly volatile nature of this election - I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been more political violence. Which is a good thing. Although it makes for poor network TV...

As another example. This is the headline story of Drudge at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQtHx5GY164

Honestly. I'm not bothered in the slightest even though I guaran-fucking-tee you the Rightwing media is going ape-shit over this. Shit happens. Maybe it's because I grew up in the hood and watched gangbangers and biker gangs and union guys take the law into their own hands when a wrong needed to be redressed. 

I prefer that in a society myself. 

It's preferable to a world where everyone is bent out of shape over microaggressions and spends all day being passive aggressive. 

If he actually had a chance in hell of passing that in congress, I'd think it was cool.

Also, the big place that would need to pass to be effective would be in the senior military positions.

Yes; you see exactly what this means.  The military would work very, very differently, at least for officers.

This is a declaration of hostile intent by Trump to a significant fraction of everyone who works in DC.  Or possibly everyone who works in DC, depending on what sort of timeframe you're looking at.

Since we live in crazyworld, this may be a viable tactic to get votes, and is undoubtedly also a good idea.

Yes; you see exactly what this means.  The military would work very, very differently, at least for officers.

This is a declaration of hostile intent by Trump to a significant fraction of everyone who works in DC.  Or possibly everyone who works in DC, depending on what sort of timeframe you're looking at.

Since we live in crazyworld, this may be a viable tactic to get votes, and is undoubtedly also a good idea.

I actually think if he manages to get elected and tried to get that passed, especially if it included anyone with a Star (Admiral/Brig Gen and above) he would be assassinated.  Which is one of the many reasons I don't think Trump will ever be President.

The more Trump flagrantly taunts the establishment at this point, the less favorable I think his chances are.

Keep in mind, my original estimate was that he would win with like 65% of the vote, so I still think he will win, just not as hard.

If Trump breaks 50% of the people who vote, I'll buy you a month of premium time on Tanks.