Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2016 Presidential Election Thread Archive

Tied

Also, I am very close to changing my prediction for this November to a decisive but modest Hillary victory.

The reason being that I suspect the usual voter fraud machines will be put into overdrive this cycle...

Continuing with this subject

While this is Diebold (now known as Premier) and not Smartmatic, it's still interesting.

It's worth noting that I've seen some people tie Premier to the Hillary campaign as well, though I'd have to go looking again to see what exactly the claims were.

Quote from that article that I found interesting.

"But a very quick thought or two. If it weren’t for “such a nasty woman” and Trump refusing to commit to respecting the election results, maybe you could call it a draw. I don’t think so, because I thought Clinton was more consistent from start to finish. But maybe? I’m reluctant to conclude very much until I see how voters react.

But the thing is, even a draw would be a bad outcome for Trump, who is 7 points behind Clinton and has few remaining opportunities to catch up. I don’t know that Trump is necessarily going to fall further in the polls, because he’s fallen pretty far already and he gave his 35 percent base some things to be energized about tonight.

But this wasn’t the performance he needed. And “such a nasty woman” and electoral integrity are, at a minimum, going to be major news stories for the next few days, and not ones that will redound to Trump’s benefit. He’s running out of ways to win this election, apart from a major polling error.:"

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/788719592600375301

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/788720894516551680

Remembered where I found the alleged Hillary links with Premise/Diebold.  Premise is not only a big owner of electronic voting machines, but wikileaks posted on their twitter a reddit thread that suggests the pedo claim they're trying to get Assange for is a fabrication by Premise.

I just read articles from The American Conservative, Reason, The Intercept, & Jacobin. Even though I might disagree with the views expressed, they are usually well articulated and decently cited. Though you do get some really terrible articles every once in a while. 

Every now and again I'll read something in the WaPo, Foreign Policy, National Review, or even the NYT, but I try to stay away esp from writes/journos that I know are BS artists. 

I try to stay away from what I view as clickbait sites like Vox/HuffPo/Salon/Buzzfeed/etc on the left and Breitbart/Drudge/Gateway/etc on the right. There is just so much trash that any reputable story they have is probably so covered in metaphorical shit making determining what is true and what isn't impossible. 

You tell me to stop citing Snopes, then object when I don't want to click on a fucking Brietbart link?  Fuck off.  I'm done.  I'll talk to you after this shit is done.

There are lots of sites that claim to be the arbiters of "fact". Snopes is one. It's great for debunking chain emails, but it's considerably less useful for political stuff, for the same reason as PolitiFact. Ultimately, citing a source that just tells you what's "fact" isn't very helpful in political discussions like this (and we all know why). This, by the way, goes for right-wing/libertarian/communist/whatever "fact" sites, too.

I am not trying to censor Snopes from this site, I am trying to discourage bombaring threads with "fact checking" websites because that is a surefire way to start arguments that we've so far avoided. As an aside, most fact-checking websites are utter shite, but that alone isn't why I'm discouraging them (we deal with shit sources elsewhere on the board just fine).

At your request Nate, I've avoided doing the back and forth with citations.  We all agreed that wouldn't be productive. I'm not going to ask you to believe a cite from Daily KOS, please don't ask me to believe a fucking thing that Brietbart posts.

I didn't ever ask you to believe anything Breitbart posts (I don't). I chided you on televising your intellectual purity by hollering about how you're too righteous to even click the link. You don't even have to click the link, Bele, just don't be a fag about it.

The cherry on top here is that you're getting hot and bothered about nothing; the Breitbart article was an extremely straightforward dump of the latest WikiLeaks releases.