Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2016 Presidential Election Thread Archive

Tied

John Podesta's password: p@ssw0rd

lol

That looks to me more like a default password since it sounds like it's for a computer that Podesta hasn't used yet.

Can't recall if I mentioned it already or not, but his password for Twitter and Apple and all that wasn't much better anyways.  You don't need pro Russian hackers to get into their stuff

DJ4ECuN.png

m0KjccT.png

I didn't get that impression...

Meh. 

I agree with his main premise that Hillary Clinton likes to use America's military power as the tool to resolve much of America's foreign policy issues. Yet, he speaks relatively positively for cooperation with Russia and backing of Middle Eastern authoritarian regimes like Assad's. I don't see how that is much different from American backing of Saudi Arabia and then cooperating with our allies like the UK and France. 

In the long run, you'll probably get the same results. 

Hypothetically you could get Europe, Russia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc all allied with the US without tensions tearing that alliance apart to defeat terror, but that's basically something that will only happen in some dorky alt-history scenario. 

Meh. 

I agree with his main premise that Hillary Clinton likes to use America's military power as the tool to resolve much of America's foreign policy issues. Yet, he speaks relatively positively for cooperation with Russia and backing of Middle Eastern authoritarian regimes like Assad's. I don't see how that is much different from American backing of Saudi Arabia and then cooperating with our allies like the UK and France. 

Hypothetically you could get Europe, Russia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc all allied with the US without tensions tearing that alliance apart to defeat terror, but that's basically something that will only happen in some dorky alt-history scenario. 

Difference is we don't get World War III...

With the way Hillary seems to loathe Russia? I wouldn't bet on it.

She's not unique in her russophobia. She's basically every president since Wilson about her views on Russia. That's not good, but it is basically paranoia to believe she'll end civilization as we know it by being an idiot who doesn't understand basic deterrence. 

I'd bet on it. 

She's not unique in her russophobia. She's basically every president since Wilson about her views on Russia. That's not good, but it is basically paranoia to believe she'll end civilization as we know it by being an idiot who doesn't understand basic deterrence. 

I'd bet on it. 

I think her career as SecState tells us she'll be much riskier in this regard than I'd be comfortable with.

Yet, he speaks relatively positively for cooperation with Russia and backing of Middle Eastern authoritarian regimes like Assad's. I don't see how that is much different from American backing of Saudi Arabia and then cooperating with our allies like the UK and France. 

Assad is not in favor of a caliphate, that is one of the big differences. SA wants to expand outside of their borders, if not by taking territory -- by spreading ideology. This is why they publicly (basically) supported ISIL, Nusra and other such terrorist groups. Assad is not a nice guy, but he is not as sinister. I'd argue he'd be tame under Russian control regardless, too much to sacrifice if he is not. 

I think Russia has a good chance of uniting Syria, Iraq, and Iran. Maybe even Turkey if they are lucky. Saudi Arabia is a wildcard and always has been.