Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

2016 Presidential Election Thread Archive

Tied

Edit: Boring.  Apparently all that happened was someone yelled something about this anti-trump guy having a gun.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/729226/Donald-Trump-security-alert-nevada-reno-rally-assasination-attempt-lone-wolf-attack

Title again relevant.

0WKtjKs.png

Video of the culprit being taken away

Released after questioning,apparently.

Guy was a Republican supporter who got jumped when someone next to him yelled 'Gun'. Apparently he was holding a 'Republicans against Trump' sign.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-rushed-stage-after-disturbance-reno-rally-n678531

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/its-a-free-country-gop-official-defends-gun-packing-trump-fan-intimidating-voters-outside-virginia-poll/

This is one of those times where it's kind of an 'Open Carry dudes, you aren't helping!' moment.  Perfectly legal.  Still dumb as fuck, and definitely not helping the firearms rights cause at all, IMO. That kind of behavior is something that anti-gun people will use as a rallying cry.

ah well... no one wants to listen or be reasonable this silly season anyway.

The forum should be fine now.  Apparently Amazon Web Services is partially responsible for our hosting, and their servers exploded or something.

We lost maybe the last two hours of posts before the forum went down.

We lost more than that.

Looks like most of yesterdays posts.

I gotta say, I've seen a couple arguments recently (and in previous years near election day) to the effect of "I was in [insert third world hellhole here] and people voted for the first time, and some of them got mutilated/murdered for doing it, so you'd better get your butt out there to the polls!"

Which sounds to me a bit like "ISIS throws homosexuals off roofs, so you should get out there and shove your dick in some bloke's ass!"

I gotta say, I've seen a couple arguments recently (and in previous years near election day) to the effect of "I was in [insert third world hellhole here] and people voted for the first time, and some of them got mutilated/murdered for doing it, so you'd better get your butt out there to the polls!"

Which sounds to me a bit like "ISIS throws homosexuals off roofs, so you should get out there and shove your dick in some bloke's ass!"

Thrust forward and think of England?

Also, apparently more people voted early this year in FL than the total that voted in 2000.

Annnnyhow.

I'm seeing lots of stuff about decent voter turnout, long lines, etc.

IMO, high voter turnout favors the Dems.  As a lefty, my worry was that Shillary would turn off the base enough that they couldn't be bothered to show up.  However, I think Trump has pissed off enough women and Hispanics that they will show up to spite him and the ground game that the Democrats have should be strong enough to get a fair few more out.  All of my FL friends voted early, as far as I know.  If the Dems can hold FL, Trump has few paths to victory.

Anyhow, I hope everyone has enough booze stockpiled to either celebrate or numb the pain however this goes.

From the 538 Live Blog.

"Harry Enten 5:27 PM

A lot of Republicans thought the polls were “skewed” because there were more Republicans than Democrats in them. Well, if the preliminary exit poll is correct, more voters today were Democrats than Republicans. Democrats made up 37 percent of all voters, Republicans were 32 percent and independents were 31 percent."

That's the Democrat ground game coming into play.

https://twitter.com/AriBerman/status/796097557176913920

Dickheads blocking polls.

Perhaps I simply run in the wrong circles for this sort of thing, but one thing that I have found oddly silent from most of the bleating Hillary campaigners is that she is a woman. 

And this is the first time a Woman could step into the White House as Commander and Chief. 

For Obama, it was huge to make sure everyone knew that it would be awesome and progressive for a black man to be in office. 

Compared to that fervor of eight years ago, this election has been oddly and relatively quiet in that regard. 

As for me, if Hillary has the vote of the dead behind her, she'll be in office and I'll be placing bets on which country goes down in history as "First Country Bombed by Woman US President".