Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Terror Attacks and Active Shooter Events Thread

Donward

8 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Every late night host, and talking head on all the dying legacy media were spewing all the same BS about the SHARE act today, I think it's toast, and hopefully only the makers of the stupid bump stocks are the only damage.   

Hopefully only temporarily toast... But we'll see.

That feeling when you click on the main headline on Drudge and it takes you to InfoWars...

tenor.gif

I guess the conspiracy sites are going full speed ahead since the Clark County Sheriff, during last night's presser, entertained a question from a reporter about the shooter possibly being "radicalized".

“I want to understand the motivation that you described, okay, to prevent any future incidents, and, you know, did this person get radicalized unbeknownst to us? And we want to identify that source."

Clearly, the sheriff was just responding to a hypothetical; which is interesting in and of itself, considering other municipalities would rely on the "no comment, this is still an ongoing investigation" crutch.

8 minutes ago, Donward said:

That feeling when you click on the main headline on Drudge and it takes you to InfoWars...

To be fair to DR, InfoWars strategy since ~2012 has been to play off both the tinfoil hat crowd and audiences sick of mainstream media. So they have Alex Jones (obviously), but also Paul Joseph Watson (I swear to god I almost typed "Jan Michael Vincent" there).

1 minute ago, Sturgeon said:

To be fair to DR, InfoWars strategy since ~2012 has been to play off both the tinfoil hat crowd and audiences sick of mainstream media. So they have Alex Jones (obviously), but also Paul Joseph Watson (I swear to god I almost typed "Jan Michael Vincent" there).

I could deal with an Airwolf themed news outlet at this point in world affairs...

Just now, Donward said:

*Insert 12 paragraph rant about how millennials only know pop culture based on referential humor from comedy shows in the past decade or so rather than watching re-runs of those cultural references on syndication back in the 1980s and 1990s*

MU1U3vc.png

I submit my formal apology being born 3 years after its cancellation.

5 minutes ago, Sturgeon said:

MU1U3vc.png

I submit my formal apology being born 3 years after its cancellation.

That's what watching reruns are about!!!

As is obvious, would rather be making references to TV shows that were cancelled before I was born in order to one-up @Walter_Sobchak with my knowledge of - now - obscure American TV shows.

Instead, fucktard shooter in Las Vegas...

9 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Every late night host, and talking head on all the dying legacy media were spewing all the same BS about the SHARE act today, I think it's toast, and hopefully only the makers of the stupid bump stocks are the only damage.   

If you really want a machine gun, do the paperwork, pay the money and move to a county they allow it, and just buy one.  Though, if this clown had  done all the paperwork and gotten a legal MG things would really be dire. 

People who watch television at this point are clowns. Evidenced how the ratings battle in late night tv is marked by out pontificating each other on the evils of Fuhrer Donaldric Drumpf.

8 hours ago, Ramlaen said:

Kind of an interesting video, this guy is a forensic psychiatrist who studies mass killers. He seems convinced this guy was trying to create a spectacle, to instigate, for whatever his motive turns out to be. The hosts try to get him to say Republicans were the target but he wouldn't bite.

This was actually really good. I like how they cut him off when he starts talking about how we don't shame active shooters enough.

You haven't heard whining yet. The dems want to ban "bump fire stocks", I say counter that legislation with the repeal of the Hughes amendment! Or at the very least tack it onto their bill. "Yeah, we will ban bump fire stocks, but only after we get rid of the reason why they exist in the first place!" I would love to listen to the butt hurt from that one.

2 minutes ago, Ulric said:

You haven't heard whining yet. The dems want to ban "bump fire stocks", I say counter that legislation with the repeal of the Hughes amendment! Or at the very least tack it onto their bill. "Yeah, we will ban bump fire stocks, but only after we get rid of the reason why they exist in the first place!" I would love to listen to the butt hurt from that one.

That would be epic, but there have already been some republican clowns saying they agree it should be banned, the next thing they are going to talk about is high cap mags.

1 minute ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

That would be epic, but there have already been some republican clowns saying they agree it should be banned, the next thing they are going to talk about is high cap mags.

They're saving face politically currently. They know that in the short term these are things that have to be agreed upon publicly. But they also understand that in the long run, enacting laws that would mostly affect the people that elected them would be a poor method of staying in power. 

Some for sure, but it's not like republicans have never thrown gun owners under the bus,  didn't Bush the first allow the first assault weapons ban, and all the import bans pass?

I don't want to be all doom and gloom but in California, we still have a more restrictive version of the national assault weapons ban, so I have that living in a communist state paranoia thing going, so yeah.... 

13 minutes ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Do you actually think the availability of such devices is a good idea? 

I liked your earlier suggestion that those who really want automatic weapons should probably jump through a few hoops, just so the rest of us can feel a little safer, it's not a lot to ask for something which should IMHO be deemed a privilege as much as it is a right.....You are asking your fellows to place a great deal of trust in your good character after all.

I'm British, a non-firearm owner but several of my friends have full firearms licences and multiple weapons, so again I have no dog in the fight and I certainly do not mean to offend.....Just putting it out there.