Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

United States Gun Control Megathread

Xoon

On 11/15/2018 at 4:54 AM, Lord_James said:

:huh: Are there two and/or four dimensional firearms that I don’t know about, on the market? 

There's some work looking at self-assembling 3d printed structures (that start off printed as one shape, then transform into the final shape) that's been called 4d. It'd be a pretty neat gun design that made use of it

Yeah, I still heard that he is willing to use nuclear weapons against potentially millions of people if they are unwilling to give up a class of weapons that is responsible for fewer than 500 deaths annually.

He is being called a tyrant because he is acting like one.

Also, as far as his "find common ground" statement goes, they vehn diagram does not intersect. The left wants what would effectively be total disarmament of the population (no "assault weapons", no "sniper rifles", etc) and gun owners want their natural right of self preservation to not be infringed upon. Our positions are mutually exclusive by evidence of the fact that the left will turn down ideas that actually address the root cause of gun violence in favor of meaningless blanket bans that punish the +99% of gun owners that follow the laws.

It's like Israel and Palestine in that Israel is willing to work to a two state solution, while Palestine wants Israel to be completely erased. There is no compromise that you can make in that situation.

If these people want to stop violence, why not support a nationwide concealed carry initiative? Subsidize training for anyone who wants it and meets the qualifications - I bet you'd have people lining up to give free classes. Make it tax deductible. Armed resistance is the only thing proven to stop a rampage shooting in progress, so you'd quickly build a herd immunity to this phenomenon.

Oh, wait, it's because to them the guns themselves are bad, not the violence. You can solve a violence issue with guns, but you can't solve a gun issue with more guns and that's how these people see it. Because they can't think past the agenda they've been told to have.

Why do people still think the Government can/will use the Military to enforce gun confiscation? Like ignoring the massive legal hurdles needed to even get a point where that's even legal in the first place (repealing the 2A and the Posse Comitatus Act Mainly). What makes people think the Gov can just delcare nation wide confiscation and then tomorrow the Army is gonna be picking up peoples guns lol? I don't even feel like going into detail about how ridiculous a scenario like that would even be. If anything I'd be the General Public vs Law Enforcement.

No no no, you don't get it. They weren't taking about using the military to confiscate everyone's guns, they are talking about using the military to commit democide when law and order breaks down after they try to get the police to take away everyone's guns.

But seriously, they don't care how it happens, they just want to disarm the population. There have been way too many politicians calling for disarmament for years for me to believe that I won't be able to own anything more than an air rifle if they get their way.

46 minutes ago, Ulric said:

No no no, you don't get it. They weren't taking about using the military to confiscate everyone's guns, they are talking about using the military to commit democide when law and order breaks down after they try to get the police to take away everyone's guns.

But seriously, they don't care how it happens, they just want to disarm the population. There have been way too many politicians calling for disarmament for years for me to believe that I won't be able to own anything more than an air rifle if they get their way.

No I understand the specific context of this situation. I was just making more of a broader point overall. In order to actually enforce gun confiscation only the police would be capable of doing it. Even then theres a good number of cops who are pro Second Amendment so the various police departments would likely see some internal conflict and strife. 

It's that the dumb fucks proposing such action have as poor an understanding on how the military would behave, as they do comprehending the Constitution and Bill Of Rights.

We are witnessing a time when elected officials are more ignorant of the nation's charter than the citizenry, and such willful ignorance is almost a requirement for employment.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Donward said:

And more gun control news in the Soviet of Washington

http://mynorthwest.com/1206118/lewis-county-sheriff-not-enforcing-i-1639/

^looks at ticking watch^ Just a matter of time before the statspoleizi rolls into that county to "discover" some sort of corruption.

11 hours ago, Donward said:

And more gun control news in the Soviet of Washington

http://mynorthwest.com/1206118/lewis-county-sheriff-not-enforcing-i-1639/

I dunno, man. One of the weird hallmarks of full-on communism is that their technical education and healthcare is good. So you have people with PhDs in otherwise good health queing up for bread and toilet paper.

By contrast; I haven't heard anything about that part of the US producing great scientists, engineers or composers in the last while. And my understanding is that the healthcare system is about as (dys)functional there as anywhere.

Young Oregonians fight to buy guns, ammo -- and sue when they’re denied

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2018/12/young-oregonians-fight-to-buy-guns-ammo-and-sue-when-theyre-denied.html

Oregon courts and state regulators have been asked to rule on the legalities of policies enacted by major retailers in the weeks after the mass shooting in Parkland, Florida, on Feb. 14. Seventeen students and staff died after a 19-year-old former student opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

https://gunfreezone.net/moms-demand-teaches-gun-safety-by-violating-the-four-rules-and-then-gets-interesting/?fbclid=IwAR3WqoRYItVy5hLOcJFOLVZ0BJu1Y4K4rYqkJCYyvLn4SBEKv2K_TYqw5XQ

moms-demand-gun-sfety-violation.jpg

Help me out here. I trained years ago as IDPA Safety Officer and then as NRA Certified Safety Officer and then NRA Instructor who did the Home Firearm Safety Course module. Maybe I missed that part of the training in all those instances, but I do not seem to recall the part where you get to grab a gun by the muzzle! Holy fucking instructional chicanery, Batman!

But wait, there is more. Did you notice the Powerpoint presentation with the Gun Safety Rules?

moms-demand-gun-sfety-violation-2.jpg Click to enlarge

If you pay a bit of attention to the small print, you will discover something funny.

moms-demand-gun-sfety-violation-3.jpg

Are they using info retrieved from the National Sports Shooting Foundation, an organization they vilified so much for selling “evil assault rifles” that only the NRA is higher in the list of venomous propaganda?

I should be mad (and I am a bit) but it also is great proof that Moms Demand, as much as they call themselves a “Gun Safety Organization” have not created anything substantial other than buying legislators to push Gun Control and if they are pushed into providing actual teaching classes on Gun Safety, they must rely on “the enemy.”

And still, they screw it up.

No surprise to those of us in the know. But still...

Cops and schools had no duty to shield students in Parkland shooting, says judge who tossed lawsuit

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-ne-douglas-survivor-lawsuit-federal-judge-20181217-story.html

A federal judge says Broward schools and the Sheriff’s Office had no legal duty to protect students during the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

U.S. District Judge Beth Bloom dismissed a suit filed by 15 students who claimed they were traumatized by the crisis in February. The suit named six defendants, including the Broward school district and the Broward Sheriff’s Office, as well as school deputy Scot Peterson and campus monitor Andrew Medina.

Bloom ruled that the two agencies had no constitutional duty to protect students who were not in custody.

5 hours ago, Donward said:

No surprise to those of us in the know. But still...

Cops and schools had no duty to shield students in Parkland shooting, says judge who tossed lawsuit

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-ne-douglas-survivor-lawsuit-federal-judge-20181217-story.html

A federal judge says Broward schools and the Sheriff’s Office had no legal duty to protect students during the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

U.S. District Judge Beth Bloom dismissed a suit filed by 15 students who claimed they were traumatized by the crisis in February. The suit named six defendants, including the Broward school district and the Broward Sheriff’s Office, as well as school deputy Scot Peterson and campus monitor Andrew Medina.

Bloom ruled that the two agencies had no constitutional duty to protect students who were not in custody.

Yep, zero surprise here.

Long established case law, the police have zero responsibility to ensure your safety.

Until you smoke some fuck trying to endanger same, then they will roll in with MRAPs and M240's., cause "You are not trained in crisis management, Citizen" (or some shit).

The plan was simple: Steal tools and pawn them for money.

They didn’t expect to be surrounded by about six customers with guns raised.

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/the-plan-was-to-steal-tools-then-customers-drew-their-guns/

“He won’t shoot, run him over,” one of the suspects reportedly said.

The driver pulled forward, causing the man confronting him to land on the hood, court papers say.

Another customer shot at the driver’s side front tire, according to documents. A third fired twice at the rear tire.

Someone shot at the car one more time as it left the parking lot, records show.

Marysville police Cmdr. Mark Thomas on Monday said it’s unclear if the other people involved fired their guns lawfully, as they left before law enforcement got there. Security footage showed one of them getting in a vehicle just as the first officer arrived, Thomas said.

“Anytime you’re firing a weapon in a public place, especially a few days before Christmas in a crowded parking lot, it is a grave concern,” Thomas said.

The department is asking those who shot at the car to come forward and provide statements.

(Yeah, fuck that.)