Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Name that AFV: The New Tank ID thread

Walter_Sobchak

I remember back when the WoT forum tank ID thread was on its last legs, I stumped everyone with this picture.  And yes, its a Bradley turret, but what is the hull?

Edit: I just noticed that for whatever reason, this photo has been reversed.  That Bradley turret has the missile launcher on the wrong side.  This is how it appears in the book I took the image from, I didn't reverse it.

ares.jpg?w=680

3 hours ago, Walter_Sobchak said:

I remember back when the WoT forum tank ID thread was on its last legs, I stumped everyone with this picture.  And yes, its a Bradley turret, but what is the hull?

Edit: I just noticed that for whatever reason, this photo has been reversed.  That Bradley turret has the missile launcher on the wrong side.  This is how it appears in the book I took the image from, I didn't reverse it.

ares.jpg?w=680

Okay, this is a obscure one. Well done. TARDEC AReS - "Advanced Reconfigurable Spaceframe", modular electric hybrid IFV testbed - built 2008. Head to tear through tons of various documents as I don't have the book you got that from. (The TARDEC Story)

8 hours ago, TokyoMorose said:

Okay, this is a obscure one. Well done. TARDEC AReS - "Advanced Reconfigurable Spaceframe", modular electric hybrid IFV testbed - built 2008. Head to tear through tons of various documents as I don't have the book you got that from. (The TARDEC Story)

GoogleBooks allows to see like 85 percent of this book, including about 230-240 out of first 260 pages which apparently contain all the images
but unfortunatelly that particular page (207th, i guess) with this AReS vehicle is one of those missing (well, locked) pages.