Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Mechanized Warfare is now a moderated subforum

T___A

I have been quietly lurking on this forum since MP.Net went down and this is an outrage!

No anime avatars, is nothing sacred.

Also I have decided to join the forum and continue to lurk in near absolute quiet but with some comments…. sometimes.

Also also looser, I can never see any of your posted pictures even when changing proxies.

5 minutes ago, Invictus_Maneo said:

I have been quietly lurking on this forum since MP.Net went down and this is an outrage!

Also I have decided to join the forum and continue to lurk in near absolute quiet but with some comments…. sometimes.

Also also looser, I can never see any of your posted pictures even when changing proxies.

If you’ve been lurking for any appreciable amount of time, you would have probably seen anti-animoo stuff by now, also anti-hippie and anti-wehrboo; these are all high heresy, and punishable by 100 floggings. 

Anyway, welcome to the forum! 

1 minute ago, Lord_James said:

If you’ve been lurking for any appreciable amount of time, you would have probably seen anti-animoo stuff by now, also anti-hippie and anti-wehrboo; these are all high heresy, and punishable by 100 floggings. 

Anyway, welcome to the forum! 

yes but my preferences are already haram over on the infantry tools side, why spare my back for this subforum?

and thank you.

1 hour ago, Invictus_Maneo said:

I can't see any pictures hosted on VK either, but right-click and "copy image location" then pasting that into a new tab normally works

• 2 months later...

Gather round, ye posters of Mechanized!

Recent events have indicated that a refresher course on the posting standards of this forum is needed, and so:

Reminder that SH is primarily, first and foremost, a document-based forum. While there is a gentlemen's agreement kind of deal whereby you are not expected to post your sources with every post you make, it is implicitly assumed that you actually have such sources and that they actually say what you claim they do. Furthermore, it is expected that when requested, you post the relevant sources.

While it is known that not all the information relating to the subjects discussed on this forum is public domain, and that therefore informed speculation is a large part of any debate, it is expected that:

A. your speculation have some basis in reality (which can in turn be backed up with at least circumstantial evidence), and:

B. that it be presented as such.

Here is a very good example of how not to post:

You would note that the poster in question is extremely confident in their tone with no indication to the average reader that this is in fact complete bullshit, and has no basis whatsoever for the claims he is making. This is in fact the exact kind of posting that is not desired on this forum.

On the other hand, here is a good example of speculation done right:

The poster in question clearly explains, by analyzing available imagery and using basic logic, why in fact they have reached their conclusions, and backs it up with references to available literature on the topic. No wild assumptions are fielded as fact, nor are any major claims presented without at the very least circumstantial photographic evidence. And all speculation is presented as such- "a seems to be true", "b seems to be better than c", "I'd say d is the case", and so on. Even a poorly-informed reader can easily distinguish between what is implicitly assumed, what is actually known and what is fresh new (grounded) speculation.

For those of you who are new, or just rusty, the posting rules are fairly clear:

Kindly re-familiarize yourselves with the rules.

And last but not least, remember that the forum motto is  Referte avt morimini, link or die. Hiding behind sources that cannot be confirmed, that have mysteriously disappeared, or that "you seem to remember" do not count. While nobody is expecting you to have all your sources at hand at any given moment, it is expected that you either post them at the nearest possible convenience or back off the claims which remain unsubstantiated until further notice. Failure to do so is considered poor taste, to say the least. Many posters who are no longer with us did not heed the warnings and therefore chose themselves the "morimini" route.

The management thanks you for your voluntary cooperation.

• 4 years later...