@Lord_James

@DIADES

@Datengineerwill

@Whatismoo

@Kal

@Zadlo

@Xoon

And any others I may have missed:

The time of submission is approaching, and the DPRC is getting ready to evaluate your designs!

Detailed submission guidelines will be posted soon in a dedicated thread.

The date of submission is in 3 weeks from the time of posting, Tuesday the 11th of June at 23:59 GMT.

Incomplete designs may be submitted as they are and will be judged as seen fit.

Is today still the submission date?

6 hours ago, A. T. Mahan said:

It's an Armor Piercing, Solid Fuel Ramjet-powered GLATGM with an 850mm long, 50mm diameter molybdenum tool steel penetrator, capable of killing the reference vehicle at ranges in excess of 7,500m. 

Thats... uh... ambitious given the 'USSR 1960s' state of technology. I'd be very interested to see how you pull it off :)

12 minutes ago, Toxn said:

Thats... uh... ambitious given the 'USSR 1960s' state of technology. I'd be very interested to see how you pull it off :)

The answer is something like three weeks of ANSYS and a lot of research. I would have used a supersonic wind tunnel but they’re phenomenally expensive 

In further pursuit of open discussion of the development of tracked vehicles, SNVZ is proud to offer the RSD-1 Innovator intermediate range ballistic missile complex, capable of delivering a 425kg warhead to 1,800km with sub-100m CEP, or a heavier warhead to shorter ranges. 

Also, the tracks have gone missing. If anyone sees them, please return them.

unknown.png

Below is an image of the 15Zh6 Innovator ballistic missile, which should deconstruct notions of masculinity and phallic imagery via its role defending the peace-loving matriarchal society of the DPRC, and deliver rapid reeducation through either chemical, high explosive, or special warheads in under 30 minutes, with a response time of approximately five minutes from receiving a launch order to firing, from the transit mode at a pre-prepared firing position. 

unknown.png

Yeah so for the record the final submission date got pushed back AT LEAST a week due to the forum fuckery that lost us almost two weeks' worth of site activity. It's not a big deal, but something for our competitors to know.

I will probably submit just a gun, and not a tank to go along with it.

• N-L-M unfeatured this topic

Are Mg alloys AMX602 or ZAXE 1711 available for use? Or maybe WE43B and Elecktron 21 (EV31A)? I'm thinking about using some Mg to lighten my vehicle. 

AMX + ZAXE: 

https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a562406.pdf

WE43: 

https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a562514.pdf

Elektron 21 + WE43: 

https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a597768.pdf

@N-L-M another minor question: when the armour requirements talk about x degrees off centreline, my understanding is that they're not talking about the total envelope. So 90' off centreline is an attack directly perpendicular the side rather than an attack coming in at 45'.

Is this correct?

46 minutes ago, Toxn said:

@N-L-M another minor question: when the armour requirements talk about x degrees off centreline, my understanding is that they're not talking about the total envelope. So 90' off centreline is an attack directly perpendicular the side rather than an attack coming in at 45'.

Is this correct?

Yes. Off the centerline = measured from the centerline = arc is in total double this angle.

tank-240.png

oops, inspired by DP 27, M 789 HEDP, OBUS G and the glorious 2S7, Kal corp offers a 12 round, 240mm HEAT autocannon.

(also capable of lobbing a Kleshchevina derivative:  Nuclear shell, if needed.

standard shell, M789 but at 240mm dia, so at 1.5x that 360mm penetration plus blast effects

enhanced ported shell Obus G but at 240mm, so at 3.5x thats 840mm penetration plus blast effects

mercury float HEAT shell, single charge at 5x, thats 1200mm penetration plus blast effects

mercury float HEAT shell, dual charge at 5x, thats 800mm precursor + main 1200mm penetration, less blast effects

each round is accurate to 3,000 metres, substantially superior to peers.  (tradeoff, penetration for increased accuracy)

barrel is mildly rifled, ala M230 LF & AMX 30's gun

unfortunately, each shell is just a tad over 100kg, so must be reloaded at depot via crane.  so despite onboard storage being plentiful, official capacity is limited.