Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The terrible movies and reviews thread

Toxn

Hopefully the terrible reviews for Suicide Squad will make them abandon the terrible Jared Leto version of the Joker.  Seriously, who thought this was a good idea?

1e027ef811b57be7bd91bcfe41224e68.jpg

The thing that bugs me the most about the Letojoker is... Isn't he wearing clown makeup? If so (and he's not just unnaturally pale), why are his tattoos still visible?

The thing that bugs me the most about the Letojoker is... Isn't he wearing clown makeup? If so (and he's not just unnaturally pale), why are his tattoos still visible?

Maybe he's just pale as hell? I mean, the joker has always been super pale. Maybe that's just the character. How many times have we seen the Joker out in the rain without the makeup coming off completely? 

I actually like Leto's joker's looks. I want to watch Suicide Squad before I give judgement.

Maybe he's just pale as hell? I mean, the joker has always been super pale. Maybe that's just the character. How many times have we seen the Joker out in the rain without the makeup coming off completely? 

I actually like Leto's joker's looks. I want to watch Suicide Squad before I give judgement.

I don't hate the looks, as long as the character was interesting. Although, from what I've seen, the character is completely atrocious.

Comic book movies need to die already.

Bring back Westerns.

Bring back war movies.

Bring back creature features.

But for God's sake stop making comic book movies.

Especially epic historical war movies like Waterloo, that was great. And none of that CGI crap, actually get tens of thousands of extras for the war scenes.

I don't have the bandwidth to watch the Dunkirk trailer yet (about one week to go or so). Preachy morality tales have their place, but so does Kelly's Heroes, The Dirty Dozen, Force Ten From Navaronne, Run Silent, Run Deep, and so on.

I have faith that Christopher Nolan will do something interesting with Dunkirk.  The other film featuring the Spiderman actor as the Amazing Pacifist looks pretty terrible.  I really wish Fury had not sucked.  Interesting that it was directed by the same guy that did the Suicide Squad movie.  He sucks.  They should just let John Milius direct a big budget WW2 movie.  

I'm not putting this here because it looks terrible, but because I don't think there is a separate thread for movies in general (but I'm probably wrong). The POCCNR avengers knock-off looks like a pretty solid watch

Except creators are pieces of shit that managed to make only very crappy movies.