Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The terrible movies and reviews thread

Toxn

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Donward said:

@0:34... They had to CGI... a car... driving in the snow... heading into a random city?

Hollywood can't even send a second unit out to film some random establishing shot?

I think we've finally reached the point where it's cheaper to do CGI than location shooting for short clips.

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, AssaultPlazma said:

Anyone else watch "Hunter Killer" lol? I was a pretty terrible movie, with a paper thin plot as usual. Pretty good acting though, plus I'm a sucker for military movies like that. 

I saw it with my dad because there was nothing else interesting to watch. I thought it was alright, but there's far better films out there featuring submarines

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LostCosmonaut said:

And naturally no movie theaters near me are showing it.

Might be time to test my download rate!

Don't know if it's pirate-able yet. But if it is, check it out.

I'll be curious to see how much money it makes. It was a seriously good doc. My wife and her friend were on edge the for 100 minutes straight.

More thrills in this movie than any horror movie ever.

• 1 month later...

Apparently we'll get our very own terrible submarine movie:

It will be out late february, and seeing the trailer it seem that it will follow the trend with French military movie: Terrible plot combined with great footage and kinda accurate depiction of the material (since the army is lending it's material and helping with the technical part).

With a bit of luck it will be something like Les chevaliers du ciel, not a good movie in itself but nice images for those who have passing familiarity with the domain.

Yes! 

And about reviews - watched Split and Glass 2 days ago, would recommend Split as a not bad thriller with good perfomance of several actors, not totally standart plot and generally somewhat tense movie. Glass - not so much, stuff in the middle part of this movie was interesting, character-driven dynamics, but ending was rather bad as it was Shyamalan'ed.

• 1 month later...