Sturgeon's House

The terrible movies and reviews thread

Toxn

50 minutes ago, LoooSeR said:

for example, Chris Pratt in the original pronounced "Abrar" chewing all the letters in the word (accent?), haha, but in ours it was clear and understandable, with a better understandable intonation.

This is an artificiality of Hollywood movies intended to make a character seem less like they come from California or New York. Which is funny because most US veterans from bumfuck can do Arabic pronunciation just fine. Anyone actually from "twang" country can recognize how stupid it sounds a mile away.

This is what the guy that Crisp Rat's character is based on sounds like:

No exaggerated accent.

8 hours ago, Sturgeon said:

This is an artificiality of Hollywood movies intended to make a character seem less like they come from California or New York. Which is funny because most US veterans from bumfuck can do Arabic pronunciation just fine. Anyone actually from "twang" country can recognize how stupid it sounds a mile away.

This is what the guy that Crisp Rat's character is based on sounds like:

/.../
No exaggerated accent.

Yeah, i understand that it was supposed to be an accent, but it is still sounded way too much butchered for my ears. 

Funnily enough, Russian voice actor sounded more manly and imposing than Chris, haha.

Also, why "Crisp Rat"?

6 hours ago, LoooSeR said:

Yeah, i understand that it was supposed to be an accent, but it is still sounded way too much butchered for my ears. 

Funnily enough, Russian voice actor sounded more manly and imposing than Chris, haha.

Also, why "Crisp Rat"?

Because he's a crisp rat.

• 1 month later...