Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Tank Layout

Collimatrix

• 2 weeks later...

Found a blog with a post on the unmanned abrams testbed.

TTB%2BCurrent.jpg

The US does a really awful job of preserving its historical armor.

It does a pretty shitastic job of preserving most of it's history.

Unless some shitweasel politician thinks they can get some additional time at the public feed-trough, it gets ignored.

I'm sure most of them would not shed tear one if what was left of the Ft Knox/Patton museum inventory was reduced to Hyundai bumpers.

Was the crew placed under the turret basket? In order to be unmanned the crew needs to be out of it.

@LoooSeR

You have any information on the 50's projects it is it just unknown?

I think i already posted 1 or 2 in this thread. IIRC they were just concepts. Nothing was developed as far as Object 299 or Object 195. 

• 2 weeks later...

Topmost is the strv m/42. The rest are variants of Landsverk's Lansen proposal, an attempt in 1949-1951 to sell, on the international market, a 20-25 ton tank that in most respects was on par with a tricked out Sherman. Naturally, everyone just bought surplus Shermans (or Centurions) instead and it was never built.

I don't really see what's weird about the ammo rack placement though, are you talking about the stuff in the turret bustle? Why is that weird?

• 3 weeks later...