Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The fragile and transitory nature of humour

Toxn

Are you insulating that Tied has the mind of a 15 year old

Ive never been so insulted in my life

*types this while wearing a Star Wars t-shirt, sipping Gatorade out of a Star Trek collectors glass nearly choking on it when he relises his Halo 3 match has start, griping his controller with one hand and shoving a Cheeseburger into his face with another*

I guess since the topic is about dicks and apparently everyone in the media has been sucking Jon Stewart's dick for like a month now, I think it's time to share that I've never really ever found him or any of the Comedy Central "fake news" offerings to be remotely close to funny. I attribute this mostly to hipsters and millennials having not only shitty tastes but having no clue that this is so or even possessing the means of discovering this fact. I would say this with smug arrogance if I knew it wasn't Gen-X'ers and Baby Boomers callously taking advantage of the fact that they can shit out any old thing and and it will now be watched.

As for Jon Stewart, if annoying DC "insiders" (interns and poorly paid staffers) or your local NAtional Public Radio host thinks a show is hip or funny, it's not.

I guess since the topic is about dicks and apparently everyone in the media has been sucking Jon Stewart's dick for like a month now, I think it's time to share that I've never really ever found him or any of the Comedy Central "fake news" offerings to be remotely close to funny. I attribute this mostly to hipsters and millennials having not only shitty tastes but having no clue that this is so or even possessing the means of discovering this fact. I would say this with smug arrogance if I knew it wasn't Gen-X'ers and Baby Boomers callously taking advantage of the fact that they can shit out any old thing and and it will now be watched.

As for Jon Stewart, if annoying DC "insiders" (interns and poorly paid staffers) or your local NAtional Public Radio host thinks a show is hip or funny, it's not.

I have always seen Stewart's model to be this:

1. Cover some piece on Fox News in the same tone as a standard newscaster but with slight but noticeable breaks in the android-like newscaster facade.

2. Suddenly make surprised faces and blurt out WHAAAAAAT? or REAAAALLLY?

3. ????

4. Profit

I actually fond there stuff funny, sure they were both baised as hell, but they didnt wear it on their fucking sleeve like John Oliver- that miserable limey bastard

But alas, now John is being replaced by a young, cool, hip black guy who cant even rely on the Jewish Shtick 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...