Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The M4 Sherman Tank Epic Information Thread.. (work in progress)

17 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

So I did this one in about 3 hours. 

Old ones

M34-gunmount-from-guns-and-mounts.png

M34A1-gun-mount-from-manual-secondary-mo

New single combined improved one. 

m34-combined-shot-flat.png

And now I go to bed. 

Either way.. "Filth, pure filth ! You should be ashamed! "  

*Prints off copies and heads off to bed with a bottle of hand lotion*

18 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Here are the latest two.

Gaa-Right-Early-imrpoved-FLAT.png

This one took two nights. You can see why. 

GAA-Crank-and-flywheel.jpg

GAA-Crank-and-flywheelimprovedlogoaddedf

Hopefully some will see why I think the GAA is a fantastic bit of work.

Imagine this engine, dual SOCH but 4 valves per jug, headers, fuel injection, dry sump, dual ignition and high flow heads, it's be the talk of the town.

As it is, still, SOHC, 32 valve dual carbs, in the 40's?  Compared to the junk the Axis was fielding this thing may aw well have beamed the fuck down. 

That's why I love the V2 engine used in the T-34.  Direct injected pure Diesel dual air and electric start V-12 basically made while being bombed to fuck by the boxheads, and the fuckers STILL could not reproduce it

Douchelad uber toilet. 

13 minutes ago, Meplat said:

Hopefully some will see why I think the GAA is a fantastic bit of work.

Imagine this engine, dual SOCH but 4 valves per jug, headers, fuel injection, dry sump, dual ignition and high flow heads, it's be the talk of the town.

As it is, still, SOHC, 32 valve dual carbs, in the 40's?  Compared to the junk the Axis was fielding this thing may aw well have beamed the fuck down. 

That's why I love the V2 engine used in the T-34.  Direct injected pure Diesel dual air and electric start V-12 basically made while being bombed to fuck by the boxheads, and the fuckers STILL could not reproduce it

Douchelad uber toilet. 

I apologize,  but yes I am mad. About shot a fucking Nazi/Klucker .Had my hand on the  Cz-75, but sanity  took a firm grip of me. 

And sanity said -"Boy, where the fuck else are you going to find 15 rounds of Velet High Explosive Ammo?".

SO< I told him to go talk to my black, 

Came out with a black guy, and I was inviting the shitbird to take it up with him.  Guy I work with.. He was not amused.

Not at me, at the assheat.

Edit- "Wrong forum, but..yeah I hate Nazis. ".

10 hours ago, Jeeps_Guns_Tanks said:

Therew are harder to do drunk.  But ythats not going to stop me, war thunder is prettuy fun drunk...,4

People play it sober?

News to me. Akin to having your teeth drilled with no novocaine. 

On 8/25/2017 at 7:17 PM, Meplat said:

"beamed the fuck down" is probably the best wording for that I've seen so far. Although when you say "As it is" are you saying the final version had carbs instead of injection? That would be news to me, but I'm not arguing, just seeking clarification.

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

"beamed the fuck down" is probably the best wording for that I've seen so far. Although when you say "As it is" are you saying the final version had carbs instead of injection? That would be news to me, but I'm not arguing, just seeking clarification.

Nono, I meant "as it is" in comparison to what is out there today.

(Even then, it's still a hell of a good design).

I found this going through an old 1974 issue of ARMOR.  The original article that the letter refers to is not all that interesting, it's a pretty standard retelling of the Sherman tank story.  However, I thought this letter to the editor from the son of General Eddy was worth posting.

george-eddy.jpg?w=680