Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

The M4 Sherman Tank Epic Information Thread.. (work in progress)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/29/2019 at 9:26 AM, EnsignExpendable said:

Speaking of M4A3s, I just learned that Dragon makes a 1:6 scale M4A3. One sixth! I don't think that will even fit on a bookshelf...

I've been searching around, and this place is doing a pre order on it. 

http://www.fieldofarmortanks.com/dra75055-m4a3-105mm-howitzer-m4a3-75-w-tank-2-in-1-pre-order-price/

DML75055__08026.1577212225.500.750.jpg?c

That thing is the size of a coffee table!

I now have at least one of those for each engine.  The A57 is going to have four more.

I have the shop manuals, parts catalogs and TMs for all the different engines now, and enough other material, I really think I'm going to put a little book together based on my Data booklet I did for the GAA

f01-5 r975 c4 top improved FOR NEW ENGINE SERIES FLAT

f01-4 engine assembly 5700056 c-4 front view improved FLAT small

F01-2 975 c4 rear view improvved flat small

GAA Front improved F01-3 for new engine series FLATGAA Right side late improvedVV Series four changes FLATGAA left side early improved for engine series set FLAT

gm6046frontimproved FLAT SMALLER

GM6046rearimproved FLAT HUGE SMALLER

I've gotten really good at fixing messed up scans, and cleaning up old images. I have a system to the simple ones can be done in like 10  to 15 minutes. The complicated ones depend on how many extra things I want to label, and how bad the original was. 

Bad scan

Fuze B.D. M66A1

FIxed

Fuze B.D. M66A1mk2

A few more GAA things. I'm going to redo all these one more time. 

GAA cross section right front view IMPROVED III FLAT iv - CopyGAA cross section right rear IMPROVED II FLAT - Copy

GAA crossection through accessory drive improved mkII FLAT - CopyGAA cross section through cylindersfixed FLAT

I put a little tutorial on my website about scanning printed media. Descreen is your friend people!!

Chrysler A57 Multibank tank motor

Look at that magnificent son of a bitch!!   This is the almost final version, the final major change was to move all the carbs up in a row at the top of the motor. They solved the different length tubes going to each engine by putting baffles in them to get even flow across all five carburetors.  Finding images of this is hard most display motors have the earlier setup.

Here's one. 

Chrysler_multibank.jpg

I have a bunch of images in the works, but finished this one. Last year I got my hands on a copy of Ord 7 SNL G-104 Tank, Medium, M4A3, 105-mm Howitzer. This is just a suppliment to the G-10X for the M4A3 tanks, for the items specific to the 105 tanks. The pictures in this are better than the WWII parts catalogs. The 105-mm M4 Howitzer image in this catalog is was very nice and needed very little improvement once scanned. 

105mmM4gunM4105ShermansFLTSMALLER

This is the older one I had, from TM9-7018, Medium Tank M4A3. The image quality in this manual is not so good. 

105mm howitzer M4

This was as nice as I could get this one. This image has just been reproduced to many times on bad scanners.