Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

World of Warships THRED

So I found a nice mod pack, it has like 20 cross hair choices, some look like they change the perspective, maybe giving you a better view off how the ship is turning? Is that a legal mod?

I haven't  played much this week really, most of my work week was 10 plus hour days, and it's hard to stay awake let alone play boats. 

I'm trying tonight though, well l'm in WOT right now playing my Japanese Tiger!

Link or die.

I just had some dumbfuck in an Atlanta,  launch torps when the enemy ships were more than 15 k away, IE, three times the range of his torpedoes, and so close to me in my Sims,  I couldn't dodge.... WTF!! And he said it was my fault lol. 

Pubbies gonna pub.

Had a similar incident - morons TKing with torps sucks.

Whar are people's opinions on carriers btw?

I've got all the way up to bogue and my impression so far is that they are fun but a but frustrating to play. Also, torp whoring is OP (because I can't get it right) and shooting down aircraft needs an xp boost (because I'm okay at that).

Had a similar incident - morons TKing with torps sucks.

Whar are people's opinions on carriers btw?

I've got all the way up to bogue and my impression so far is that they are fun but a but frustrating to play. Also, torp whoring is OP (because I can't get it right) and shooting down aircraft needs an xp boost (because I'm okay at that).

^This^.

They need to reward team game play a bit more, and reward cruisers for sticking around the carriers a bit more.

It also weirds me out that my bogue has only biplane fighters on it. I'm pretty sure a ship that comes with radar would not historically been keeping the hangers full of Boeing F4Bs...

That wasn't as bad as the CBT with the post-WW2 Saipan running biplanes.  My proposal has been that CV and CVL need the option of grinding out for higher tier aircraft outside of the hull upgrade path.  The way to balance it would be to have the hanger loadout start to decrease once you surpass your ship's tier appropriate aircraft.     

• 2 weeks later...

Also got to watch a match where the luckiest Langley in existence sat on its ass the whole match and still managed to take out a DD with its secondaries.

DD pilot must have uninstalled right afterwards.

If a DD gets sunk by any secondaries, they need to uninstall.

Played all of two games with Hosho last night (my whole half hour of -actual- free time) but did alright. Low tier uselessness tends to get counteracted by low tier players believing that torpedoes meant to be manfully accepted as is.

Having decent speed and turning time (looks accusingly at Langley and Bogue) also makes it much easier to deal with the inevitable DD that slips through the net. My last game saw me losing my air wing and playing tag with a DD for five minutes - dude must have launched 5 or 6 torp salvoes by the end. I survived the match but we lost on points <_<

So I decided to go down the dark path.

I suck at American DDs

but.... Apparently, I don't totally suck with Japanese ones.   2 BBs and a Carrier. OMNOMNOMNOM. My guns didn't fire a shot.

shot-15.08.26_09.35.14-0800_zps5v4dtnrd.

shot-15.08.26_09.34.48-0479_zpsdo2kuo4l.

Yeah the Jap DD guns seem to suck really bad anyway. At least up to T5.  I like them a bit better than the US DDs.