Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

World of Warships THRED

I finally broke down and bought the Captain's Weekend package in order to buy a few more port slots.

I cannot run the Mutsuki to save my life.  It is a major let down after the Minekaze.  Once I get it to Elite status, I'll probably dump it for an open port slot.

I'm not seeing why the Karlsruhe has such a bad reputation.   Yes, it is slower than the Phoenix and Kuma, and yes, it has lower range.  However, once you are within range, its high rate of fire and AP penetration will tear apart its higher tier CL/CA counterparts like a can opener.  I will definitely grind its Captain skills until I can buy the range buff, followed by the ROF buff.  I'll be doing the same for the Kolberg, just for seal clubbing sessions. 

My other new slots were filled by the Kawachi and the Langley.  I figured that I needed to grind up to the Bogue so I can finish the 150 aircraft kill mission for the free premium Kongo.  Yes, it will have a silly anime camo scheme, but it is a free premium IJN BB and port slot!  I doubt that I will be able to finish the missions for the free premium Myoko.  I'm having no luck getting regular DD kills with my T6 ships.  Everyone else seems to snatch the kill before I can land the last blow. 

I finally broke down and bought the Captain's Weekend package in order to buy a few more port slots.

I cannot run the Mutsuki to save my life.  It is a major let down after the Minekaze.  Once I get it to Elite status, I'll probably dump it for an open port slot.

I'm not seeing why the Karlsruhe has such a bad reputation.   Yes, it is slower than the Phoenix and Kuma, and yes, it has lower range.  However, once you are within range, its high rate of fire and AP penetration will tear apart its higher tier CL/CA counterparts like a can opener.  I will definitely grind its Captain skills until I can buy the range buff, followed by the ROF buff.  I'll be doing the same for the Kolberg, just for seal clubbing sessions. 

My other new slots were filled by the Kawachi and the Langley.  I figured that I needed to grind up to the Bogue so I can finish the 150 aircraft kill mission for the free premium Kongo.  Yes, it will have a silly anime camo scheme, but it is a free premium IJN BB and port slot!  I doubt that I will be able to finish the missions for the free premium Myoko.  I'm having no luck getting regular DD kills with my T6 ships.  Everyone else seems to snatch the kill before I can land the last blow. 

The Mutsuki really is an all or nothing ship for me. All too often nothing, but every once in a while I'll have an absolutely spectacular game with it, just enough to keep me trying it.

The Myoko mission is utterly horrifying. Whoever thought a mission predicated on hunting down rare enemies that can pretty much disengage at will was a good idea should be defenestrated onto whoever thinks that kills in a game with HP pools should ever be the means of gating progress on anything whatsoever.

I've been trying to get my last eight destroyers, and in the span of two nights I've only gotten three of the fuckers, and have gotten about fifteen kills stolen from me. Meanwhile I shot down 100 planes in three runs of the bogue.

Oh well, at least I can use the time to think about more disparaging ways to refer to the OSHA safety magenta tramp stamp ships.

Also for those who don't know, fighters have a manual attack like torp bombers and it murders planes. Fun!

The Myoko mission is utterly horrifying. Whoever thought a mission predicated on hunting down rare enemies that can pretty much disengage at will was a good idea should be defenestrated onto whoever thinks that kills in a game with HP pools should ever be the means of gating progress on anything whatsoever.

I've been trying to get my last eight destroyers, and in the span of two nights I've only gotten three of the fuckers, and have gotten about fifteen kills stolen from me. Meanwhile I shot down 100 planes in three runs of the bogue.

Oh well, at least I can use the time to think about more disparaging ways to refer to the OSHA safety magenta tramp stamp ships.

Also for those who don't know, fighters have a manual attack like torp bombers and it murders planes. Fun!

Yeah, it's annoying as fuck.  Watched a BB chase a destroyer across half the map trying to get the kill instead of capping for a win yesterday. :/

Sorry about the double post, but the best end to the destroyer mission happened to me. It is I the kill stealer.

I fire a salvo at a half health destroyer in my cleveland at something over 10 km. As it lands, the destroyer eats the first torpedo of the salvo, gets dropped to almost nothing and one of my shells yanks him out for the last kill I need. I apologize because it was a big old kill steal, and go drive by a destroyer I don't shoot at to run interference for the DD I stole from. My secondaries then proceed to gun the destroyer down like it's nothing.

This sort of mission hates me.

Just took my Konigsberg out for her maiden voyage.  Dear heavens, she is OP!  I can basically smite anything within range.  I even scored a citadel on an Arkansas with a plunging shell.

The weird thing about the match was that the enemy Bogue spawned just outside our cap on Ocean.  The counter hit zero, and there she was...12 clicks ahead.  Needless to say, she was smothered with shells and sent to a watery grave.

• 2 weeks later...

After claiming that I wouldn't be able to complete the ARP Kongo and Myoko missions, I seem to be well on course to completing both.  Yesterday, I managed to down the last of 150 fighters needed for Stage 2 on the Kongo.  Strangely, I did this on the backs of DD, BB, and CA/CL other than the Cleveland.  The MM refused give my Cleveland much in the way of carrier matches.  I'm now on the downhill slide of Stage 3 to the Kongo.  A few more games should grind out the remaining damage.  As I've been concentrating on my Tier 6 cruisers, so I'm also on a good start with the Stage 2 fire requirement for the Myoko after I finally eked out my last few DD kills needed for Stage 1.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...