Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

World of Warships THRED

One thing to consider for players who haven't logged in recently.  One of the recent patches completely changed the Captain skill point tree.  So you'll need to go back and reallocate the points for each Capt.  Alas, the skill tree reboot effectively nerfed the light cruisers' range, ROF and turret traverse buffs. 

One thing to consider for players who haven't logged in recently.  One of the recent patches completely changed the Captain skill point tree.  So you'll need to go back and reallocate the points for each Capt.  Alas, the skill tree reboot effectively nerfed the light cruisers' range, ROF and turret traverse buffs. 

:(

• 3 months later...

A couple of days ago, I finally broke down and bought some more doubloons in order to buy four more port slots.  Alas, WG just announced a sale for 10 port slots for barely more than what I paid for the doubloons .  Poor timing on my part, as I can't justify paying for 10 more slots.  There simply aren't enough ships that I like to fill them.  I was really hoping that they'd gift a low tier premium ship for WG's anniversary, preferably one from the Russian tech tree.

The Russian cruiser line is kind of disappointing up through Tier 4.  They are way too fragile.  You really have to upgrade the modules as fast as you can in order to make them playable.  I suspect your best bet is to use the Novik to train your captains into Level 4 skills before ever assigning them to the Bogatyr and the Svietlana.  They really need the range boost for their 130mm guns in order to keep them out of reach of enemy ships.  The Svietlana can be chased down by just about any ship at Tier 4 or 5.  So you need to start damaging them as quickly and as far away as you can.

I'm having a weird losing streak lately.  While I have racked up multiple Kraken Unleashed awards, my teams have melted around me.  I guess that is the curse of low tier matches.

My poor Svietlana is such an unlucky ship.  I can't seem to find a decent team in it...loss after loss.  It isn't a ship with which you can carry your team like the Kuma or Phoenix. 

However, I finally ground my way through it, and got the Kirov.  It is a totally different game style than the early gunboat cruisers.  The Kirov plays more like an Aoba or the buffed Furutaka.

Speaking of the Furutaka, I finally bought it back.  The new "C" hull turns it into a baby Aoba.  It is so much better than when I originally tried the pre-buff version.

My poor Svietlana is such an unlucky ship.  I can't seem to find a decent team in it...loss after loss.  It isn't a ship with which you can carry your team like the Kuma or Phoenix. 

However, I finally ground my way through it, and got the Kirov.  It is a totally different game style than the early gunboat cruisers.  The Kirov plays more like an Aoba or the buffed Furutaka.

Speaking of the Furutaka, I finally bought it back.  The new "C" hull turns it into a baby Aoba.  It is so much better than when I originally tried the pre-buff version.

I find your use of Weeb ships, disturbing.