Please support this forum by joining the SH Patreon ×
Sturgeon's House

Documents for the Documents God

EnsignExpendable

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, EnsignExpendable said:

Great site in general. I went back to the archives search, search for "tank", and got a ton of court martial records for Australian tankers. Sounds very Aussie.

I started poking around there too.  I found a listing for a document on "Use of compressed wool as armour".  How very Australian.

• 3 weeks later...

*not sure if this could be posted there or there are a better thread for this somewhere*

There are plenty of Infantry Magazine issues available at GoogleBooks, but unforutunatelly they are usually available by default in "snippet view" mode
Allthough most of those issues are also available at hathitrust.org , some of them are (or were) not available there, and it's better to have same thing available from several sources anyway. So several mounth ago I've decided to ask GoogleBooks to change that "snippet view" mode into "full view" mode (via this form https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/6113327), starting with particular Infantry Magazine issues, and later asking about about other things like some volumes of US DOD budget hearings, and more magazines - well, those of them which are in Public Domain

It's rather slow - and sometimes I run out of patience and ask again - for example in happend with Infantry 1974, and overall it took 2 mounths and 3 weeks untill they've fulfilled my request.

So far they've made availabe in full view (with option of downloading entire thing as .pdf) 20 volumes of Infantry magazine (out of 83 i've found so far) https://books.google.ru/books?lr=&uid=115590142161999487031&as_coll=1001and about 100 other erm... volumes... books (And they've forgot about 30 other things, so I'm going to fill that form again).

Some of them were made available for both russian and US users, and some for US users only - though apparently Googlebooks defines this via IP, and proxy works just fine.

• 3 weeks later...